Post Thanks / Like
    So, I`ve got my own Auto Detailing business (licensed and all) but its still in its early stages, right now I do all my friends and families car with the occasion outsider here and there. Since I`m running solo, I just figured it`d be nice if there was someone out there in Seattle that`d be willing to be a mentor of sorts to me, maybe let me tag along with them on some details, learn some new tips and tricks to better help myself.

Think I`ve asked this before on another forum or somethin and got chastized for trying to weasel my way in and steal business... which is ridiculous, but I could see why they`d think that, there probably are ppl like that out there..
    Anthony Anderson

So Fresh n` So Clean Auto Detailing

Opens January 2009! :woot2:

Website coming soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you mobile, or fixed location? I`m sure I could give you a few pointers.

John

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got back from visiting with John, and I`ve been detailing for some time. He will teach even the seasoned detailer, I suggest you go see him and work for him pro bono. He might even hook you up with others that you can learn from. You need to be on top of the detailing skills and business as Seattle has many detailers and you want to carve out your niche carefully.

Cheers,

GREG
    Reflections Detailing of Utah
    "Detailing for the Discerning owner"
    State of Utahs most experienced detailing detailer
    Meguiars/Ford Detailing team SEMA 2010, 2011

duPont Registry Endorsed Detailer

Post Thanks / Like
    Why don`t you try Grand Master Shine A.K.A. Blake at North West Auto Salon.

He`s the self proclaimed Grand Master of Shine so he must be good.
    Richie Carbone
    Richie`s Custom Detailing
    Advanced Paint Correction Detail Services
    Specializing in Luxury & Exotic Autos

Serving Cental & South Florida

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Richie Carbone
    Why don`t you try Grand Master Shine A.K.A. Blake at North West Auto Salon.

He`s the self proclaimed Grand Master of Shine so he must be good.

Contact John Klevin. You will learn more in a week with him then you will learn in 3 years on here. He will give you real life experiance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Experience is really the key to detailing, if you can find someone willing to share their years of experience with you, you will learn so much faster. I`ve been detailing part time for about 3-4 years now picking up jobs here and there and I can not tell you how much I`m still learning how at this point, however I`ve basically done all my own research and learning myself. A tip I can give you to help speed up learning is to try to find a cheap painted body part, like a spoiler or something to that nature that isn`t too large but has a good painted surface amount and experient with it. Different pads, chemicals, buffing technique and so on. Even create you own scratches and swirl marks and try and get them out. This way if you really mess something up you can learn from it and not have to worry about doing that to someones driving vehicle. Once you know of what products to use and have your technique down you will find details to be more confident and way more efficient.

Another thing is if you are an idependent detailer, I find it nice to find other detailers whether they have their own business or not to maybe call upon if you feel you need an extra hand on a job. They may have an established client base or vice versa and can help eachother out.

-Curt

Thread Information