I was in Newberg a few days ago.

So, what brings you to Oregon? It`s pretty dang HOT right now. :tumblewee

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rawnster

We LOVE Oregon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an exterior detailing job done by Ace Car Reconditioning on my 07 black Volvo S80 Friday 24th. I needed general clear coat swirls and minor scratches removed. From a distance the car looks great. Unfortunately, getting up close will still reveal swirls and scratches. I will say that Eric was great to work with and was completely willing to take all of the swirls out. But he said he needed to wet sand it to get them out. I was reluctant to have him take that extreme of a measure, and thus didn`t have it done. These are washing swirls, which seemed like they could have been removed in the polishing process. I guess I was wrong.

Yes, and sometimes wetsanding is more efficient, and will remove less clear in the process than if one was to sit on the scratch with a rotary and a heavy compound. Even then, the scratch may remain.

I have no doubts whatsoever about his judgment.

It`s not bad, I feel right at home.

Quote Originally Posted by tdekany
    I was in Newberg a few days ago.

Any news on your situation? How has the home search been going, and have you decided to drive back?
    Portland, OR

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesaferg
    Any news on your situation? How has the home search been going, and have you decided to drive back?

The car was put on a truck last night and should be here soon now. I`ll call you later today.

What is your first name btw?

PS: You WILL remove more clear with sanding than with the most aggressive polish/pad, no matter how "soft" the sanding paper is.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by charlesaferg
    Yes, and sometimes wetsanding is more efficient, and will remove less clear in the process than if one was to sit on the scratch with a rotary and a heavy compound. Even then, the scratch may remain.

I have no doubts whatsoever about his judgment.

I agree the guy at ACE seemed to know what he was doing and talking about. Yet I thought I would get a slightly better result. Jeez, I`ve seen example after example of before and after work done right here on this forum where the vehicle appeared way worse than mine, yet turned out beautifully...paint looking like water, with all swirls removed and such. Anyway, I don`t want to give ACE a bad rep. I just expected more out of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The car was put on a truck last night and should be here soon now. I`ll call you later today.

PS: You WILL remove more clear with sanding than with the most aggressive polish/pad, no matter how "soft" the sanding paper is.

Post Thanks / Like

I should have been more specific, I meant if somebody sat on a scratch with a rotary with a heavy compound, instead of sanding and then post-sand polishing more efficiently. See what I`m getting at?

Similar to the test that TH0001 completed a year ago, between different machines and techniques. The goal was to compare which method removes the most clear.

Remember that one? He compared a PC to a rotary, and sanding/rotary. It`s a good read. I sure wish that I could find the link, though.
    Portland, OR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information