Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone locally here detail for an american car dealership? I`m interested to see if anyone here will be affected if they go under? I strongly support a bailout, but they obviously need to change their ways. A major car manufacturer bankruptcy will affect millions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am brand loyal to Chevy, and will continue to buy their cars (used) even if they go under. I would like to see the company continue to produce vehicles, but I am really tired of all these companies spending money like water, jerking off their executives, and then asking the government or rather U.S. tax payers for bail out. It would be nice if they were able to bail themselves out.

DG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    Anyone locally here detail for an american car dealership? I`m interested to see if anyone here will be affected if they go under? I strongly support a bailout, but they obviously need to change their ways. A major car manufacturer bankruptcy will affect millions.

aka UNIONS. My $0.02USD.
    Bradley`s Autowax and Detail

Bellevue - Issaquah

Est. 1979

Gleam Master Detailing Streetlife's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It`s crazy to ask for at least 25 billion dollars for a bailout of your company, when you come to congress in a private jet. You claim to not have enough cash to last for two months, but you gladly pay $20,000 to fly to congress to ask for tax payers money. Also, when asked by a member of congress if any of the big three executives were willing to give up their fleets of private jets? Not one even flinched as if they thought they might consider raising their hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnKleven
    Anyone locally here detail for an american car dealership? I`m interested to see if anyone here will be affected if they go under?

I sold my shop in Metro Detroit about 4 years ago and they still only do work for Ford (5), GM(5) & Chrysler(3) dealerships. If American car companies do under, that means 8 people from the shop will be out of a job. Not to mention the several 100`s that work for those dealerships. Or, closures *could* stimulate the Used Car market in some sick way, but I doubt it.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not so sure they are going to totally go out of business. If they file for bankruptcy they can then restruction and most likely come back. This happens a lot in business and especialy in construction. As someone else mentioned the Big 3 need to rework their agreements with the unions or else they will certainly be out of business.
    Mike K
    I know just enough to get me in trouble!

`04 Toyota 4-Runner Sport EditionV8
    `06 Honda Accord LX Special Edition
    `50 Chevy Streetrod - Air Force Blues, 383, 500hp, 540lbft

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by qballjr13
    I am not so sure they are going to totally go out of business. If they file for bankruptcy they can then restruction and most likely come back. This happens a lot in business and especialy in construction. As someone else mentioned the Big 3 need to rework their agreements with the unions or else they will certainly be out of business.

The big 3`s woes are being discussed in length on another thread here on autopia.

Should the government bail-out include domestic automakers? - Autopia.org

The issue of chapt 11and why it wont work like other industries has also been voiced

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradleys
    aka UNIONS. My $0.02USD.
    Unless you`ve been a factory rat on an auto assembly line of any automaker, don`t even go there. Factory work in general can really suck, but the physical nature of the assembly line and the mind numbing repetition of mass production really pushes a lot of people to the limit. The "horror" stories about union workers that get passed around the internet are based on decades old exaggeration and the vindictive nature of some people, who have the attitude that if someone has something they themselves don`t have (pay, benefits, etc), then no one should have. I call it "The Politics of the Vindictive".

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Streetlife
    It`s crazy to ask for at least 25 billion dollars for a bailout of your company, when you come to congress in a private jet. You claim to not have enough cash to last for two months, but you gladly pay $20,000 to fly to congress to ask for tax payers money. Also, when asked by a member of congress if any of the big three executives were willing to give up their fleets of private jets? Not one even flinched as if they thought they might consider raising their hand.
    The Lehman Brother/AIG clowns haven`t given up their fleet of private jets either. And don`t forget the "distinguished" members of Congress who `````ed about the private jets, fly regularly on junkets, aboard the Air Force`s fleet of Lear/Bombardier/Gulfstream luxury jets, while racking up their eligibility for the nations best retiree health care and pensions. All courtesy of the taxpayers. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

And to make political points, they`re willing to risk the futures of the millions of us who depend on the Big Three. Including guys like me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani
    I sold my shop in Metro Detroit about 4 years ago and they still only do work for Ford (5), GM(5) & Chrysler(3) dealerships. If American car companies do under, that means 8 people from the shop will be out of a job. Not to mention the several 100`s that work for those dealerships. Or, closures *could* stimulate the Used Car market in some sick way, but I doubt it.
    Where, in the Metro Detroit area, was your old shop?

Post Thanks / Like
    In Redford on Plymouth Rd / Telegraph.

Post Thanks / Like
    In Redford on Plymouth Rd / Telegraph.
    The Touchless place that had an in door DIY car wash??

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Sir. Poly Pro Indoor Do-It-Yourself Nothin` Touching Auto Wash!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Sir. Poly Pro Indoor Do-It-Yourself Nothin` Touching Auto Wash!!!
    Dave, then you used to own the Poly Pro Touchless Car Wash on Telegraph down in Taylor, too, and I was one of your customers, with my company cars!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My parter owned the Car Washes (Redford/Taylor/Romulus) & owned the Detail Center. He was the originator/founder/pioneer of the touchless systems and his Uncle was one of (if not the 1st) people to open the 1st Coin Operated washes in America.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information