Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a pro to fix scratches in CBR frame in CT...

I did a dumb thing and scratched both sides of my bike`s frame. I have some photos of the bike and of the scratches. I`d like to find a professional who feels confident they can minimize the appearance of the scratches by touching them up. There is also some small paint damage on the lower right fairing that could possibly benefit from the same thing.

I realize that these scratches aren`t much like the typical paint flaws encountered on the job, but I`m under the impression that a good detailer would have some idea of how to address the problem.

I really, really do not want to have to dab model paint on the frame with a Q-tip like my dealership suggested. Anyone out there think they have the solution?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a pro to fix scratches in CBR frame in CT...

Where in CT?
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

You know, I wouldn`t be surprised if the black is actually powder coated. If that happened to be the case any type of paint touch up would probably fall short of your expectations.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Likes Ronkh liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    You know, I wouldn`t be surprised if the black is actually powder coated. If that happened to be the case any type of paint touch up would probably fall short of your expectations.
    By the looks of it that`s exactly what it is, a satin textured powdercoat.

Post Thanks / Like

I am in Fairfield not sure where you are. I am happy to help if i can.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ronkh View Post
    Where in CT?
    I`m in Old Saybrook, but I`m not opposed to the idea of traveling to another part of the state, or to another state nearby.
    Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    I don`t know if I really have any expectations, other than that covering the marks in black is going to be an improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ccrew View Post
    By the looks of it that`s exactly what it is, a satin textured powdercoat.
    Yeah, it`s exactly that, and it also seems to have some sort of metal flake or something in it.

I don`t expect the frame to go back to looking perfect, but I don`t care about that. I ride this thing and it catches rocks in the fairings and my boots are doing their best to chew through the heel plates and the plastic exhaust cover on the right side. I just don`t like that these monuments to my own carelessness are right there on the frame without anything done to cover them up.

If I want the bike in show-ready condition I`ll just disassemble it one day and send the frame for a re-coating. Until then I`m completely happy to accept imperfect amelioration. My reasoning is that a real professional will choose the best possible paint and use the best techniques correctly to get the best result, even if that result isn`t fantastic. If I`m left to my own devices I might just make it worse.

Thread Information