Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Folks -

I`m in South Brooklyn and looking for a detailer who is equipped to treat the interior of my car with DrivePur (or some other similar photocatalytic Titanium Dioxide treatment). Ideally they are within an hour or so of NYC (or they are mobile and will come to me).

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s the probem with the car? Why are you sure you need a photocatalytic Titanium Dioxide treatment? Need some more information and then I could help

Greg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Highrev1
    What`s the probem with the car? Why are you sure you need a photocatalytic Titanium Dioxide treatment? Need some more information and then I could help

Greg

Hi Greg, thanks for the reply. It`s a relatively new used car (2010 GTI) with fabric seats. The car is stored in a lot, and on a hot day we get a sweet vanilla smell filling the car. It smells like a really bad deodorizer that you might hang from your rear-view (we`ve looked everywhere to see if something was hidden under a seat, in the trunk, etc). My wife is crazy sensitive to the smell, so I`m on a mission to eliminate it. I found someone in southern NJ who is going to fully clean the interior with steam and ozone it for an hour or two. The TiO2 would be a "Plan B" if this doesn`t work.

But in general, I have yet to find a professional detailer within 30 minutes of Brooklyn - it`s all so-called "touchless" car washes which seem to do more harm than good.

Post Thanks / Like
    This may sound too obvious, but as a pro detailer, I am pretty detail oriented and when doing interiors, I make sure everything is out of the car prior to stating to clean it. Often times I find those air fresheners up in the seats on the inside. Have you taken the time and really look inside the car? "Vanilla" scent is not natural in car interiors, so I`d think that maybe it is an air freshener somewhere. Of course I could be way off. If it isn`t, inspect the carpet for spills or candy. If there isn`t any sign of those, drivepur would be my choice. Using Ozone for a couple of hours will not do much but mask for awhile. It should be at least overnight.

In any case, BigA Andrew is the guy in New York. 718 445 9995 give him a call

I would trust him with my own cars. Who is the detailer in NJ you chose?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany
    This may sound too obvious, but as a pro detailer, I am pretty detail oriented and when doing interiors, I make sure everything is out of the car prior to stating to clean it. Often times I find those air fresheners up in the seats on the inside. Have you taken the time and really look inside the car? "Vanilla" scent is not natural in car interiors, so I`d think that maybe it is an air freshener somewhere. Of course I could be way off. If it isn`t, inspect the carpet for spills or candy. If there isn`t any sign of those, drivepur would be my choice. Using Ozone for a couple of hours will not do much but mask for awhile. It should be at least overnight.

As a pro detailer also, specializing in odor removal... I prefer utilizing hot water extraction over steam in this type of cleaning because the extraction process will give a thorough rinse to the fibers in seats and carpets if there has been a spill or any type of oily substance from perfume.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,

Interesting thread. I`m in NNJ and New York and use the DrivePur System but there`s a lot more involved in using the system than simply treating the vehicle. Depending on it`s condition, it may warrant a full steam and vacuum prior to a treatment and depending on the source of the problem - biohazard, odor, smoke, gas, the protocol to treat the car is much more involved than simply applying the system. Contrary to others on this thread, I do not use extraction ever and have found that proper use of dry vapor steam and crystalizing agents work much better without introducing moisture and potentially laying the groundwork for a mold issue. I`ve also seen more re-wicking occur after extraction than with steam.

In any case, feel free to contact me at (917) 409-6446 or at Noble Elements Inc. | Motorsport Detailing & Restoration if you have any questions about the system or a specific problem that requires specific attention.

n
    Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Dekany

Thread Information