Post Thanks / Like
    I see so many DETAILERS (shops & mobile) working for BOTTOM RATE That I got caught up in this dilemma I refer to must of these a car washer rather THEN DETAILERS..... I could see $10.00 as a SPECIAL but not all ( every ) vehicle

* REAL NUMBERS (MATH)

Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Rate 2011, 2012 - Minimum-Wage.org

United States Minimum Wage By State 2011 | Minimum-Wage.org "http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:gxQ6KLNSRe4J:http://www.minimum-wage.org/states.a...nimum+wage+in+ pennsylvania+2011&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us"HYPERLI NK "/search?hl=en&rlz=1R2ADFA_enUS435&biw=1920&bih=923& q=related:http://www.minimum-wage.org/states.a...nimum+wage+in+ pennsylvania+2011&tbo=1&sa=X&ei=UJ_kTujzDYHm0QHHw7 GHBg&ved=0CCwQHzAA"

l A full time minimum wage worker in Pennsylvania working will earn $290.00 per week, or $15080.00 per year. Pennsylvania`s minimum wage rate as of ...$7.25 PER HOUR

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic Hand Car Wash Items & Labor Expenses

* PH Balanced Car Wash Shampoo (soap) 64 oz. $10.00

1 oz per gallon of water 4 to 5 oz per bucket Maybe 15 cars to a Bottle (64oz)

* DEGREASER/ ALL PURPOSE CLEANER (APC) est. $ 10.00 Gallon

Use to do tires, light bug removal, Light wheel cleaner & wheel well cleaner

* WHEEL CLEANER est. $25.00 a gallon

* TIRE DRESSING est. $25.00 a gallon

* GLASS CLEANER est. $25.00 a gallon

So that`s roughly ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR THE BASICS TO START

not including interior items or other necessities ie: water hose/nozzle, buckets, brushes, bottles, rags, mitts, sponges & towles.

EXAMPLE Three workers, one customer trying to complete in an half hour (next customer waiting in vehicle)... lost of revenue out the gate at $7.25 per employee = $21.75

ok Now one worker at $7.25 up $2.75from $10.00 fee but will work be complete in half hour before next customer is ready not to mention if in a building (expenses) RENT, ELECTRIC, WATER,INSURANCE

Phila,Pa Water Bill cost about $50.00 a month http://www.phila.gov/water/pdfs/PWD_...ed_Rate_In.pdf

PECO Electric est. $75.00 monthly

https://www.peco.com/CustomerService...tElectric.aspx

$125.00 for water & electric not including RENT, equipment, supplies, maintenance of equipment or employees

Then calculate slow business days (weather)

NOW ASK HOW TO WASH/DETAIL MOST FOR $10.00

I can`t see it, someone (PLEASE) explain it to me.

I see poor PRODUCT QUALITY

SUBPAR SERVICE

ONLINE RESEARCH AVERAGE EXTERIOR IS ABOUT $30.00

rough copy will update looking for feedback at moment

Post Thanks / Like
    Any thoughts from any other forum members?

Post Thanks / Like
    Those people are generally the "fly by nighters" and arent around for very long anyway. They really do give us quality detailers a bad name though.
    Garry Dean - Tampa, FL - 813-846-4406
    Auto - Boat - RV - Motorcycle - Aircraft
    Premium Custom Detailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t worry about these guys affecting my business. They will be out of business quicker than they started. The only thing I worry about with these guys is them giving us proper detailers a bad name. But you get this is any service business, so the most you can really do is ignore them and hope they go away, and that people will realize the difference between them and us. The clients that they get are far different than the clients an autopian detailer would get and I really would not want someone as a client that`s looking for something that cheap and obviously not looking for the level of service a good detailer will provide anyway.
    Rich Grasa

Pro Mobile Detailing based in New Milford, CT

www.explicitdetails.com

Post Thanks / Like
    The low ball hack mobile wash guys are a dime of donzen down in Florida. Every illegal immigrant can basically start up a business doing this, do the absolute worst level of quality and still do nothing but exotics and high end cars! I know a couple of legit guys that have several people working for them doing this (better quality, but still low prices) and are making a killing. I`d rather wash cars all day then detail them.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!

Post Thanks / Like
    It can be done. If you charge $10 for a wash you have to be able to complete it in 10 minutes, 15 the max. With 2 guys you could rinse, foam a car, wash it two bucket style in 10 minutes, then clean glass. Now you`d have to be working really fast to accomplish that, but it`d still be a better wash then any drive in car wash for $10.

Post Thanks / Like
    At $10.00 for a (Detail) wash how are you paying rent at $500 and up per month No one with a part of a shop should be CHARGING LESS THEN $20.. for a BASIC HAND WASH on a car to turn a profit, either working long hours or using subpar products or something. I can`t figure this one out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 215Detailing
    At $10.00 for a (Detail) wash how are you paying rent at $500 and up per month No one with a part of a shop should be CHARGING LESS THEN $20.. for a BASIC HAND WASH on a car to turn a profit, either working long hours or using subpar products or something. I can`t figure this one out.

Anyone have an idea on what products they use can`t be over the counter (O.T.C) must be bottom line wholesale chemicals

Thread Information