Post Thanks / Like
    I`m a NYC apartment dweller an just picked up a new Jeep Grand Cherokee last week. I`d love to get a coat of good wax on it before the winter really sets in, but have no place to do it. Is there such thing as an indoor self detailing center? I`m desperate to find someplace. Any help is appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like
    Matt, welcome aboard! Are you looking for just space or space+chems+tools?

Do you have friends/family in CT, NJ, LI, or SI?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have a garage so I`m in the same boat as you. I usually go to a coin op up the street during night time or early early morning, wash their and apply wax. Or my friend finds a underused underground parking garage and does his business there, he obviously pre rinses elsewhere first.

Or if your not willing to do any of those contact Big A(He`s here also find him on google Big A detailing), let him detail it for you now and then do it for your self once the warmer weather comes in.

I infact go to a production detailing center only because they use 2 buckets, wool mitts and it`s only $10. But`s only during -10 or more Degrees C.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hamza7
    I don`t have a garage so I`m in the same boat as you. I usually go to a coin op up the street during night time or early early morning, wash their and apply wax. Or my friend finds a underused underground parking garage and does his business there, he obviously pre rinses elsewhere first.

Or if your not willing to do any of those contact Big A(He`s here also find him on google Big A detailing), let him detail it for you now and then do it for your self once the warmer weather comes in.

I infact go to a production detailing center only because they use 2 buckets, wool mitts and it`s only $10. But`s only during -10 or more Degrees C.

Thanks for the info! I just might contact him. Do you know what kind of products he uses? I need something durable for winter. I suppose it should be pretty easy since it`s a brand new car with only 100 miles on the clock. Am I crazy to be taking a 100% new vehicle to a detailer?

Post Thanks / Like
    In your situation I`d find someone to Opticoat it and just use Opticlean or ONR when you get time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    In your situation I`d find someone to Opticoat it and just use Opticlean or ONR when you get time.

Something that is supposedly permanent doesn`t really interest me. I haven`t heard too much about opticoat and don`t want to take a chance at screwing up my new car. I`d rather be diligent about maintaining it with wax or sealant periodically.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might want to do a bit more reading if you really care about your car. Opticoat has been around for several years now and has a rock solid track record. The only real reason to not use it is if you prefer the look of a particular LSP. From a protection standpoint, nothing comes close.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan
    You might want to do a bit more reading if you really care about your car. Opticoat has been around for several years now and has a rock solid track record. The only real reason to not use it is if you prefer the look of a particular LSP. From a protection standpoint, nothing comes close.

So what are the down sides of Opticoat?

Post Thanks / Like
    Price and the fact any wax you apply on top will end up washing away. Biggest advantage for you would be how long the car stays clean. The dirt shedding abilities are unparalleled.

I know after years of BS crap crammed down our throats by dealers, a bit of skepticism is expected, but like I said, do your research. Here is my thread:

http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-b...-opticoat.html

Take note that the pictures are after driving 350 miles and lots of rain.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let me know if your interested in Opticoat. LI Detailers performs this service. I have opticoat, aquartz, and cquartz in stock and ready to be applied haha.

Eitherway if you need anything give me a call. We are fully mobile and service all of Long Island and some parts of Queens. We go all year round so that is not a problem either

631.828.9166 or email me: contact @ lidetailers.com
    LI Detailers - www.lidetailers.com

Long Island Mobile Cars, Trucks, SUV`s Detailing Facebook

psdSHOW - www.psdshow.com

Professional web design and seo services Facebook

Thread Information