Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I just got my black Benz detailed (Eco Detail-Morgan) did the work-thank you Morgan

My question is I have a **** load of dust on the car-(dont have a cover yet)

if it safe to use a duster-or just leave it alone? I dont want to put any scratches etc in the clear coat by doing this

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d get a lambswool duster and use that for surface dust. Much lighter on the paint.

If it`s too dirty for that it`s time for at least a light mist then microfiber. Lately though, I`ve found that a big microfiber towel with high nap, very clean, gently - no pressure - dragged over a car will take off dust without scratching. Nice thing about a big microfiber towel is, you can shake it out a few times, but when it gets dusty you can wash it.

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a dark dark swirl free detailed boxster that i use the cali duster on all the time...be gentle, doesn`t leave a mark, works like it says it does...

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t use a duster without marring the paint, even when I think I did OK it looks really awful under magnification.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use an original wooden handle California Duster on my car customer`s cars all the time. If you use it right it shouldn`t leave any marring; though some experienced, talented detailers (like Accumulator) say that it doesn`t work for them. Use at your discretion.

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sending you a Private Message with some pictures of your GL later today.

I agree with the advice in this thread, while the dusters can and have been used without consequence- there are better methods that are less likely to create problems. If it were me I`d use some Optimum No Rinse in a spray bottle and a few microfiber towels, the difference would only be 10 minutes versus using the duster.

If it were a BMW in Jet Black I would suggest you not even look at it wrong or it`ll swirl up- but the ceramic paint on the MB is very hard in comparison and with care a duster might fit your needs and schedule.

Thread Information