Post Thanks / Like
    My 98 cav hood and roof need some help, the clearcoat is pretty oxidized in some areas, sun damage.. and im really tired of looking at it- just trying to get the car decent looking to last thru college.. im wondering if anyone nearby could help me out sometime, im located near kutztown-allentown,reading,etc. If anyones interested message me or post with location, price,etc.. and I guess im not able to post pictures or links on here since im new? but if that`s completely necessary ill take some and we can figure it out.. thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    The photos in the second post indicate clear coat failure. This can`t be repaired. You will need to have a body shop repaint the affected areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m close by, but that is clear coat failure. You have to re-paint it. It will go away if you polish it, but it will just come back worse in a month or so.

If I were you, I would just live with it and use the money you would spend re-painting towards a new car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Excuse me for the quality of pics, I corrected the link.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any ideas what a repaint of hood and roof would run?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Stac071
    Any ideas what a repaint of hood and roof would run?

Depends, just to give an example, a full repaint can cost anywhere from 200 single stage (macco) to 7,000 Base Coat/Clear coat (what system cars today are painted in) .

If you are looking for your basic paint that a auto collision shop would use, you would probably get a quote anywhere from the 300-700 range as to do the roof and hood professionally, you would blend the repaint into the fenders and pillars. You can save a lot of money if you prep the car yourself and basically just get the shop to spray the paint for you, and you can probably save more if you can talk one of the painters in the shop to do it as a side job.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the help.. Id probably have my brother do the prepwork. so ill ask around as far as spraying the car goes.

If anybody sees this and is nearby or within a short distance and wants to make some cash definately let me know, perfection is not necessary.

Morgan
    Post Thanks / Like
    It`s probably going to be cheaper to find a used hood at a junk yard, rather than paying someone to respray.

Just another option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!

I thought of that I checked it out and I could get one for around 100.. that leaves the roof of the car yet if I take that route..

Thread Information