Post Thanks / Like
    Looking for a coin-op or laser wash around here...........

Been searching this forum ... haven`t found the answer yet

There`s got to be a few, right?

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s a coin op on a Gulf Station in Long Island. It`s at the intersection of Union Turnpike and New Hyde Park Road.

Post Thanks / Like
    This would be in New Hyde Park, NY? Thanks for the info!

Post Thanks / Like
    That`s correct.

Post Thanks / Like
    i believe there is a coin-op at a the gulf station on Horace Harding Expressway Queens West Bound..

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s a coin op off of Long Beach Road by Pete`s Clam Bar/West Marine/Outback in Oceanside/Long Beach (not sure)..its called Texas Car Wash..it looks cheap but it IS a coin-op. I am not reccomending it since I have never been there.
    Jonathan

Post Thanks / Like
    Laser wash...that sounds scary. Anyone care to please enlighten me on what that is? Thanks. Also, I get alot of people asking me to detail their cars in NYC, particularly Manhattan. It seems like there is no such thing as a detail shop in that area! Too bad I don`t have a power source to allow me to service those customers.
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    there are`nt any really dedicated detailers around that i know of. most of the car wash detailers are basiclly wash and wax, vac. the car, dress the tires. i`ve never heard of any that will correct paint, clay, polishish, seal etc. that does`nt mean they don`t exist i just have`nt seen or heard of any.

as for a laser wash, you drive your car into a booth and this big pressure washer goes all around the car, then you drive out and park your car and dry it off. i very rarely see anyone dry their car. they just drive away. to them the car is clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WhosRich
    i believe there is a coin-op at a the gulf station on Horace Harding Expressway Queens West Bound..

How far from the city / near which exit(s)? I`d be coming from the city or LIC, so I`d need to know how far east to go

And thanks for all the info, guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by blucpe
    there are`nt any really dedicated detailers around that i know of. most of the car wash detailers are basiclly wash and wax, vac. the car, dress the tires. i`ve never heard of any that will correct paint, clay, polishish, seal etc. that does`nt mean they don`t exist i just have`nt seen or heard of any.

as for a laser wash, you drive your car into a booth and this big pressure washer goes all around the car, then you drive out and park your car and dry it off. i very rarely see anyone dry their car. they just drive away. to them the car is clean.

Haha, so typical.....I kind of want to slap sense into those people but then again I really shouldn`t care.....and don`t.
    Jonathan

Post Thanks / Like
    I am a n00b. Someone please link me to some drying techniques. I`ve heard some people use blowers, but does that dry the car enough?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandits007
    I am a n00b. Someone please link me to some drying techniques. I`ve heard some people use blowers, but does that dry the car enough?

Most people on here would probably give you 1 of 2 choices for drying: Prior to both, teh final step should be a rinse without a nozzle. Of course, the better the prortection on teh vehicle, the easier it will be to dry.

1. MF waffle weave towel or

2. Electric leaf blower/compressed air

The electric leaf blower does a pretty good job as long as the sealant in fresh and it isn`t too hot out!

As for COIN - OPS, there is on at teh intersection of Hempstead TPKE and Stuart Ave in Bethpage about 1/4 mile or so west of teh 135 or Seford Oyster Bay Expy

Thread Information