Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys. This is my first post, although I`ve been lurking for some time now. I`ve learned a great deal from everyone on this board. I consider myself, like many of you, a detailing freak. I`ve been doing it for as long as I can remember. I started detailing the old fashioned way (using good old elbow grease) and eventually stepped up to the PC. I achieved great results with the PC, but decided it was time to go rotary. I tried to learn as much as I could about the rotary: I purchased DVDs, searched the web, and read almost all of your posts here on this board. I thought I was ready for it, so I purchased a Makita and some CCS pads.

I currently own a 2006 BMW 5 series, and it was full of swirls. The PC wasn`t cutting it. Yesterday I decided to whip out the new Makita, and go to work. I spent a long time claying the car. I used the Menzerna Intensive Polish, but it wasn`t doing anything to the swirls. I understand BMW has hard paint, but I got so frustrated at getting no where that I gave up. I had splatter all over the place (even though I tried all of the "anti-splatter" techniques described on this board), the pad was skipping (I used detailing spray and experimented with different amounts of liquid, but to no avail), and the swirls were still there.

I live in NYC, more specifically Queens. I know we have some extremely experienced, and passionate, rotary detailers on this board, and was hoping I could shadow someone so I could see first hand how it`s done. If anyone is planning a full detail, and you don`t mind me looking over your shoulder and asking a few questions, I`d really appreciate it. If anyone is interested in helping a poor soul out, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

-Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    I responded to this exact post in the other thread you started. Or is NJ too far?

Thread Information