Hey folks,

So I`ve been making it a point that my car never ever see an automatic car wash, even of a touchless type (the touchless ones here are of the Laser kind, feel very harsh on the car with the strong jets, plus they don`t really clean well).

I`ve been washing my car at home in the garage with QEW. However, I can`t get access to the undercarriage there.

So what I`ve been doing for undercarriage "washing" is to spray and pray at the local coin-op wash. Basically, direct the spray underneath the car, aiming at the wheel corners and in the middle and basically hope that it`s actually doing some good.

Now my car has only about 5" of ground clearance, so it`s not all that easy to even do the spray-and-pray underneath.

One time I took ramps with me to the coin-op wash and drove the front of the car up on `em:

and sprayed under. I felt like I was doing a better job (nicer angle, more space in the front), but I am still far from convinced that it`s actually doing much good.

SO

Wouldn`t it be nice to go somewhere indoors, put the car up on a lift, and then spray it down/wipe it down proper?

Is there such a place in New England (preferably MA) where I can do that?

Do any run-of-the-mill detailing places have lifts with water spraying/drains inside?

I would pay $15-20 to go in for 20-30 minutes, put the car up on the lift and spray/wash the undercarraige.

- Astral

P.S. I saw these undercarriage washes in the touchless washes, but they seem "insufficient" (just a strip of nozzles in the middle)... how good do they really work? And still, don`t want to go to an automatic wash.