Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know of any inspection places in NJ that will pass you with tints on the front windshield/front windows? I want to get 80% on the windshield and 50 on the front windows (mostly for the heat factor, I have a black car), but it`s not exactly legal in NJ.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, and dont even think of driving through my town, court appearance required. The best part is when you show up for court they ticket you again as you pull away.

I kid you not.......

Silly law, you can have them factory done almost black, but not plastic aftermarket, this from the same place where they wont let us pump our own gas, go figure

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FalconGuy
    Nope, and dont even think of driving through my town, court appearance required. The best part is when you show up for court they ticket you again as you pull away.

I kid you not.......

Silly law, you can have them factory done almost black, but not plastic aftermarket, this from the same place where they wont let us pump our own gas, go figure

What town are you in?!

Post Thanks / Like

I kid you not.......

I`m in Laurence Harbor. I pulled the tint off my two front windows for the state inspection (from a state facility) when I moved to NJ a year ago. Personally, I wouldn`t risk the fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Town is Cedar Grove, but they did the exact same thing to a friend on RT 18 right of the NJTPK, cant recall what town that is........

I once pulled the fuse for my power windows for state inspection, worked one year, next year ( thats when you did it yearly) the guy peered in and said nope we wont fall for that. Although you do not need windows to pass, go figure.

Such a silly law, it borders on discrimination, if you can order a new BMW or MB with totaly tinted front windows why cant a guy add them to his existing car?

All from the state that wont let you pump your own gas or make left turns just about anywhere....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lex89
    Anyone know of any inspection places in NJ that will pass you with tints on the front windshield/front windows? I want to get 80% on the windshield and 50 on the front windows (mostly for the heat factor, I have a black car), but it`s not exactly legal in NJ.

80% tint on the windshield?

Do you like driving blind?

Post Thanks / Like
    80% light allowed through, not 80% blocked

Post Thanks / Like

Yeh, 80% is just about clear.

I`m not sure you`d have a problem. 50% is very light (I`m actually looking into some for my car) along with the 80% windshield.

Are you going for Huper Optik?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I was initially thinking about Snap Tint, but then I was told that it isn`t the tint, it`s how it`s applied. I don`t have much money so I`m not sure i I`m going to do it.

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    Town is Cedar Grove, but they did the exact same thing to a friend on RT 18 right of the NJTPK, cant recall what town that is........

I once pulled the fuse for my power windows for state inspection, worked one year, next year ( thats when you did it yearly) the guy peered in and said nope we wont fall for that. Although you do not need windows to pass, go figure.

Such a silly law, it borders on discrimination, if you can order a new BMW or MB with totaly tinted front windows why cant a guy add them to his existing car?

All from the state that wont let you pump your own gas or make left turns just about anywhere....

Didn`t know you we`re so close to me Falcon Guy. Cedar Grove is pretty bad with cops, especially on Pompton Ave. so I can see them being a problem there. I`ve heard many stories of my cousins who live there having run ins with the cops. You can easily find a place to pass your car, it`s running the risk for a fine and the fact that I have to pay every 2 years to get my car inspected that makes me stay away from them.

btw I didn`t know BMW/MB or any other car company for that matter tinted front windows let alone windshields from the factory.

Post Thanks / Like

sorry.. I saw it the other way around! :

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t know how true it is but I read on another Forum that some guy got a speeding ticket in Cedar Grove on Pompton, easy to do... He went and measured the speed limit signs and found they do not meet the state min size. He claimed his ticket was dismissed. Something to keep in mind, you never know.

Im new to the area, Valentine one goes off a lot., they don`t hide, its almost like they are saying if you didn`t slow down your getting a ticket, we gave you the chance...

Im due though, its been a while. I find being honest and just saying I realize I was speeding gets me out more than being passive. I always tell the cop I know its your job, I was in the wrong. It has really helped me out. No points, not for lack of speeding.....

Tint, loud pipes, Bass, all just seem to be ticket magnets, as I age I find myself appreciating the cops efforts more than when I was young. Still though, im due....

Thread Information