Post Thanks / Like
    Hello All,

This is my first post, have a 5 month old 06 honda civic sedan, alabaster grey that was side swiped in garage where I live. Took car into body shop to have dent repaired and paint blended. Long story short, picked up car and found overspray on all windows and most of the car. Took car back to have most of the overspray on the windows removed, but just didn`t trust them with removing the overspray from car body. When I touch the car I feel the grit of the overspray all over and it has destroyed that new car look. I`ve learned a great deal from this forum, so I`m looking for a detailer in my area that can help me get my car back to its newness, before I tint windows and have fog lights installed. Also have miner nicks and scratches. Interior of car is fine, just need help with extrerior(overspray) and windows. Any one out there?

Post Thanks / Like
    PM me...I`m not too far from BX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yo, go to GSRstilez. He did my car, top quality job. Great work, highly recommended.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by subfree
    Hello All,

This is my first post, have a 5 month old 06 honda civic sedan, alabaster grey that was side swiped in garage where I live. Took car into body shop to have dent repaired and paint blended. Long story short, picked up car and found overspray on all windows and most of the car. Took car back to have most of the overspray on the windows removed, but just didn`t trust them with removing the overspray from car body. When I touch the car I feel the grit of the overspray all over and it has destroyed that new car look. I`ve learned a great deal from this forum, so I`m looking for a detailer in my area that can help me get my car back to its newness, before I tint windows and have fog lights installed. Also have miner nicks and scratches. Interior of car is fine, just need help with extrerior(overspray) and windows. Any one out there?

You trusted this place to paint your car, but dont trust them to take overspray off? I hope you are having them pay for the clean up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Baller,

I`m not ashame to state that I didn`t know anything about overspray, claybars, and other detailing concerns until I began reading the invaluable info here at Autopia. Had the car painted/blended a month after the purchase Nov. 05. Since then, learning what I know now, I`m sure the body shop I used would probably mess removing the overspray that they should have never allowed in the first place. So no I don`t trust them - Live and learn. Trying to find a way to get to CT so GSRstilez can do his stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by subfree
    Baller,

I`m not ashame to state that I didn`t know anything about overspray, claybars, and other detailing concerns until I began reading the invaluable info here at Autopia. Had the car painted/blended a month after the purchase Nov. 05. Since then, learning what I know now, I`m sure the body shop I used would probably mess removing the overspray that they should have never allowed in the first place. So no I don`t trust them - Live and learn. Trying to find a way to get to CT so GSRstilez can do his stuff.

Take it to GSR, support a fellow detailer. Overspray is easy to remove. there are solvents, clay, and compoundsto do so.

Thread Information