Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Hi I`m DuMouixe (( pronounced ^do-maaah-s, not dumbass, LOL))

Finally bought an economy car after burning through 5 Ford Trucks...

So I will finally have a vehicle small enough to garage park at both ends.

I`ll be lerking around for tips and advice to take my car care to new levels.

My next project, basic cleaning, polish, seal and wax, attempting to kick butt on some knarly water spots.

Just saying hi, I`ll try and not ask too many dumb questions all at once.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are in the right place. Welcome to the forum!!

Sounds like you know where to start. Just ask anything. Searches are a good tool as well!!
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice car! My next car will probably be a Mazda6. I haven`t decided whether I want the 6s or the 6i yet. Or there`s always the Mazdaspeed6! :spot :hifive:

Now get a PC so you can start doing this --> :waxing:

And post pics when you finish detailing it! :2thumbs:

Oh, and :welcome to Autopia! :wavey
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    That graphite grey color looks really nice on that car. It hides defects really well too so that`s always a plus :dance

I hope to see more pictures of the car, it looks good even before you started Welcome to the OCD (obsessive compulsive detailers!) club
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Still getting used to the buttons on the 6.

I bought it for mileage and quiet ride. ((could even be quieter with Continentals))

Has a mid boost/cut which is nice on stock radio.

I mistakenly bought the dealer prep & they botched up pretty good. To the point of where they are fixing some paint problems over the weekend. But, yeah, not a bad car, they gave me a Subaru Forester and it feels more like a Mazda than the actual Mazda does.

Post Thanks / Like
    It actually does hide alot, that`s why I went there. Black cars tend to give me mood swings.

(recovering OCD, now practicing moderation in moderation). But I want it to look nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t be scared of the PC. It`s a harmless little toy. It can transform a good-looking car into an awesome-looking car, with essentially nothing to worry about.

To apply a carnauba wax, just get some foam hand applicators (many of us use the yellow Meguiars pads) at a local store and use those. Don`t make the common mistake of beginners, and lay down globs of wax on the car. A thin coat (almost transparent) is all you need. The same amount of wax is going to stick to the paint whether you apply a very thin layer of a 1/2" thick layer.

I`d recommend buying a paste carnauba. I find pastes easier to apply thin. One swipe in the jar and you`re set for at least 1/2 a panel.
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been doing non-overlapping rows, as sparse as possible.

I guess, I`ll have to practice with the PC on the white pickup. Maybe a panel or two to get the hang of it.

Is cold hose water okay as a clay lube? cause it seem a lot more convenient.

Right now I have the beginners stuff, paint cleaner, scratch-x, got about this far before taking it back to the dealer, and tenatively planning on using nxt & s100.

No clay bar yet. For shame.

Post Thanks / Like
    NXT + S100 would be a good start You`ll be itching to try new combos to get the best finish possible.

I prefer to use some kind of QD or soap to lubricate the clay better than water can. I mix up a spray bottle with car soap and water when I`m claying. Without enough lubrication, the clay will scratch the paint.
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if you have seen this article on the PC http://www.guidetodetailing.com/arti...p?articleId=47

It is not impossible to damage the paint with a PC it would require a lot of effort.

Post Thanks / Like
    GOOD ARTICLE. A bit scared of the SLING factor, but I`ll pick one of these toys up around chinese new year. LOL. if not sooner.

God save the Queen, or Geese Belize, I just am sitting on pins and needles here, waiting to see WHAT comes back from the autobody shop.

Although I may replace the glass with solar-tint embedded panes, ala, SUV back window style, around $800, for the time being, I`m still fighting those water spots, I`ve heard Oreck bathroom cleaner will zap `em completely.

Post Thanks / Like
    Klasse AIO or white vinegar would be much safer alternatives to using a bathroom cleaner on your car.

I`ve removed some horrible hard water spots with AIO, so I know it is a very capable product.
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    Shoot - didn`t mean to put a scare on. Zamakazi`s and typing just don`t mix.

On second thought, maybe not such a good idea. I`d have to tape everything off.

Thanks for the RC, there.

Polishing glass always seem tantamount to failure. But when there`s a will, there`s a way.

BTW, is AIO or the Glaze pink?? Because, I used a pink product for a while a roommate had and the imperfections erased very quickly and easily. Acrylic good, swirl marks bad. ((or is it?))

OR is Jet Wax easier to work with regarding buildup? I`m not sure I`m buying that,

put a capful in your wash bucket, instructions on the back of the klasse bottle, to erase buildup...

Post Thanks / Like
    AIO is not pink and will not remove swirls. Yes acrylic is good IMO. Klasse sealant glaze is one of the most durable products you`ll hear about on this forum.

I don`t know what Jet Wax is. Is that something you put in that dispenser in the dishwasher?
    Paul...

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL. But man, that new cascade rocks for stainless flatware! Long live shineguard. LOL. ((really, but not for cars))

I appreciate the help. I will post back in a couple few when I start getting down to business.

Mezerna`s line is starting to look interesting.

<http://www.properautocare.com/menklasconki.html>

Oh, to be young and on a budget...

I`ll just lightly slather for now, the meguiars paint cleaner did put on a nice pop, but it took almost three days to settle in.

Gonna stick with the by-hand for now...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information