Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not happy with this picture, but I`ll use it as a placeholder, The #7 puts a livable gloss

on the paint, kewl, but the clarity will only come from a polish, tons of rough spots, I`m assuming overspray, and after being into one panel, I`d guess that what`s going on. Right now PI for cleaning.

Is PB Pro Polish the equiv of SSR1 grit with a SSR2.5 bite?? I`ll go back and re-read some of this, I know there were some good suggestions made.

Once I get it all cleaned up, Speed Shine and QEW, NXT and S100. Make life easy on myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have *that* much overspray maybe you oughta just use an overspray clay and then polish out the marring from *that* instead of using a polish on the overspray.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DuMouixe

Is PB Pro Polish the equiv of SSR1 grit with a SSR2.5 bite??

I`ve never used the Pro Polish, but no. The bite comes from the abrasives ("grit").
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    What clay?

Okay, 3 days up, that one panel still looks pretty good, some light marring, but

I think that was because I didn`t ionically charge my removal cloth or worked the

polish too long. Water spots about halfway gone, will have to go a bit deeper, hoping to get beyond marring the paint stage. ikes.

Again, what clay and/or technique??

I did clay one section that had overspray right on the corner of the trunk and the clay just evened out the clear, or muted it down into a fuzzy flat mess. I think that perhaps I will definately need a free flowing polish, I plan on using sparingly, the contamination is pretty deep but I think it is doable, remember this car sat on the lot for a entire year of dealer spray offs. But at least the glass is starting to gleam. Still has a bit of etching around the edges of the glass but the bright and white is making up for it, go Glass Science window scrub.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and I guess I am thinking more of a rubbing compound.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m no expert on the overspray clay but it`s available. Meguiar`s and Clay Magic both make it, IIRC the Clay Magic stuff is their "red" clay.

After using that you`d use a mild compound to remove any scratches that it`ll leave behind. Then a polish to remove the micromarring that the compound will leave behind.

I`m afraid I don`t get what you`re trying to convey regarding what the clay did on your trunk lid or what you need in a "free flowing polish"

You might oughta repost (with specific Q`s) to a different forum as I dunno how many people check out the Welcome Center with an eye towards offering this type of advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I apologize for being so green, I`ll start posting on the main event.

I like what the PI-dark did, just needs to go a little deeper, Red Clay, okay.

My last vehicle was a White truck parked outside and all I ever did on that

was wash it with S100 total cycle care, because I didn`t like it for my bike, clay and wax it every 6 mo with finish 2000. Pretty low tech.

Sad, and terribly cursory, but being white, it always looked great just half-hearting it.

This car is a new dinosaur, dark and sleek, after having the dealer detail go south, I

thought it was time to step up to the plate and learn proper technique and break

my bad habits.

Necessity being the mother of all invention, the link for Accumulators wash technique

was void, but I`ll stumble on it one day. Some stuff I try over time works too, ala wheel and exterior trim care, does not concern me at all, I have a safe and mild cleaning system there.

I`m two weeks out from using waxes, so I`m just puttering around with bodyshop safe

stuff. Again I`m back to Mezermas twin, AIO ~ okay guys, I`m migrating to the main event.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DuMouixe
    ... the link for Accumulators wash technique

was void...

Look in the Hall of Fame section.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information