Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone,

I`ve been reading this site this past week. Man, I wish I would have found it BEFORE buying my new car a couple months ago. Anyway, I live in Portland Oregon and am looking for a good detailer. My car is a deep blue and shows imperfections easily. There are some dealer installed swirls and some light marks that are from an automatic `soft cloth` car wash (Yes, I know, I`ll hand wash from here on out).

Eventually I`d like to learn how to completly detail my car myself but it`s very difficult to do since I live in an apartment complex. At least I have a covered garage to keep the car out of the elements, but it`s not exactly ideal detailing inside (dark and dusty). What I`ve been doing lately for washing is going to the do it yourself style washes and bringing along my own supplies so I`m just using the facility as a source for a hose. I go very early in the morning or late at night so there aren`t people waiting to use it. So anyway, at this point I don`t have a good space to work with so even if I had a PC and was good with it I don`t know if I could polish these defects out due to where I currently live.

My wife and I our looking to buy a home soon. I can`t wait to have MY OWN garage and driveway!!! If anyone knows a talented and trustworthy detailer in Portland, or how I could go about finding ones please let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    :welcome to Autopia

I cannot think of a member here who lives in the Portland area and is a competent detailer. Maybe someone else knows someone decent....

In the meantime, you might want to stop by Detail Plus and see what they can do for you. www.detailplus.com is the website which will have an address for you.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the board! So, a MAZDA 3, right? Beautiful car. No, I`m not biased. Do a search on Quick N Easy Wash or QEW. It requires no rinsing and would fit the bill for your situation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, and maybe you could borrow a friend`s garage, but for the price of a full on detail, you could purchase all you need to do it yourself by hand and ALMOST get a PC, accessories, and polishes needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jrocc1212

Welcome to the board! So, a MAZDA 3, right? Beautiful car. No, I`m not biased. Do a search on Quick N Easy Wash or QEW. It requires no rinsing and would fit the bill for your situation.

Oh yeah, my wife and I have a Mazda3 hatchback. I like those sixes too. Our Mazda is a deep blue (`Strato` blue) which I like but it does show little marks and stuff easily. All the more reason to try to keep it up & protect it.

We also have a 1990 Pontiac Sunbird that we`re selling, but we haven`t put a lot of effort into selling it since it`s not going to bring us in much money. I just got to thinking that if I can find some space to work, like a friends garage like you said, that my first big project ought to be to clean up that one. Might be good practice.

Thread Information