Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I can remember, this was a few years ago....

My story,
    On Autopia, summer of 2002..
    I had been a member of Autopia for a year and a half`ish

In August, 2002
    I think it was Jngrbrdman had tried (PAC`s) UPP and did a review, I was interested in this product.
    So I either received a sample or bought some....I think I email`d Dwayne asking how to use the product correctly,
    I thought UPP was great.......good price too...
    I then got into a big disagreement with a Zaino fanatic who tried it and he didn;t like it, he used it on top of his Zaino`d vehicle and did not prep his vehicle right, so he rip`d UPP in his posts...The posts got ugly and I decided to stop posting on the subject, I made my point......

The next thing I know , I get an email from David Bynon that I can`t have two user names on Autopia with same computer IP address. My wife was also a member. He said one of us need`d to be deleted.
    I disagreed and he deleted both of us, and I haven`t been allow`d back since(he does send me and my wife Happy Birthday wish`s (email`s) on our birthdays)

This may have been around the time Dwayne was banned, he email`d me telling me of a new site he had created.......I signed up then, and have been a member since....
    Last edited by JeffBruce; 07-31-2004 at 12:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Dwayne
    One of my distributors of Platinum (now Four Star Ultimate) decided to give out over 250 samples of the product back in late 2002.
    Hey, I got one of those samples! That was my first experience with the Platinum (4*) brand.

I think originally found DC through a Google search and then later from a link on another site. This was when the site was still pretty new, and there wasn`t a lot of activity. I didn`t give the site much further thought until I met Poorboy`s Steve. I had told Steve that I read about his products on Autopia, and he asked if I ever visited DC. I said had browsed through DC a while ago, but that Autopia seemed to have more information. Steve told me to give DC another try, and I`m glad I did! I think I spend more time here now than any other website. :-p

Post Thanks / Like
    Jeff Bruce,

Sounds mightly unfair to me. I know not many of our spouses are into participating in detailing forums but it seems perfectly logical you would have the same IP address, I guess it`s mandatory you need two different computers , two different internet providers? Doesn`t seem right. :nono
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Wherever there is a mullet... I'll be there.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was doing a search on `Smooth` on google and came across a comment about clay or something. I was curious how using clay would help me be smooth with the ladies, but I`ll try anything once. :naughty Imagine my surprise when I found out it was all about detailing. Imagine my bigger shock when I realized that the whole thing was based in Florida! So I hopped in my *****in camaro and went to go pay Dwayne a visit. It turns out that it was more like `gracing him with my presence` because they hired me on the spot to stock the skittles machine in the front of the store. I guess I didn`t need to do any research on how to be smooth. I was already as smooth as smooth could be. :naughty

Well, to make a long story short... no sooner did I start at 4 Star and the ladies appeared. :naughty They would come in alone and in pairs for a look at the mighty Fuzzard. Sales went up and I got my name on a gold star in the warehouse. Then Dwayne took me aside and told me about some problems that he was having online. I sat him down for a talk. Not everybody can be smooth with the ladies online, and I figured that was the kind of thing I could help him with. Well, it wasn`t the ladies he was having a hard time with. It was filthy rotten spammers on Detail City. So I doned my velvet cowboy hat and polished up my six guns and put on the badge of Brisco County Jr. to try and restore order to Detail City. My `shoot first and ask questions later` style was a little harsh I suppose, so Dwayne suggested I let out the mullet and bring some smoothness to the scene. :naughty

I was just a moderator at first. I had to prove I was worth the trouble of keeping me around. After a year or so of shooting up the place and keeping order, Dwayne finally gave me the keys to the city and I`ve been helping him keep the peace here ever since. Ahhh... the good old days....

2004 Civic EX magnesium HondaMan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    2 weeks ago on vacation a friend mentioned cleaning his vehicle with clay (my car was 2 weeks old then) and mentioned the site. I was intrigued -- but also confused and overwhelmed -- by all the different steps he kept talking about, so when I got home I checked out DC.

After looking around and not finding an "Easy To Find and Cheap Detailers in Rockland County" thread, I decided to spend some time trying to get up to speed. I still seem to generate 2 questions for every 1 answered, but you guys have been great.

I`ll keep ordering all my stuff through the sponsors here. It`s the least I can do.

Practice makes "PERFECT" clean4u's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surfing the web on detailing products and stumble on here!
    "A Clean Ride is a Happy Ride" To some its just a Ride!!!! So True!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it was a great marketing idea of 4 STAR(back in 2002) you recieved 1oz of wash 1oz of wax (paint protection)and 1oz of a final detail.You get samples for free and then people go ahead and start running there mouths.I recieved the samples and was very thankful I didnt really car for the products but didnt open my mouth.IF you get a sample product be happy and if you dont like the product you dont have to bad mouth it and call the company it just classless

Post Thanks / Like
    I found DC through a Google search :google for "Professional" detailing products (tired of just using consumer stuff i could find at Pep Boys).
    And I found a whole lot more than just great products I found great people:jump

Maybe we should send David B. a thank you email :dunno

"J"

Post Thanks / Like
    I surfed on while looking for detailing products.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JeffBruce
    The next thing I know , I get an email from David Bynon that I can`t have two user names on Autopia with same computer IP address. My wife was also a member. He said one of us need`d to be deleted.
    I disagreed and he deleted both of us, and I haven`t been allow`d back since(he does send me and my wife Happy Birthday wish`s (email`s) on our birthdays)

the good thing about AOL broadband, you have an infinate amount of IPs . everytime you log on, it changes. this can be good for trash talking, but bad for lan, etc etc
    The best comment of my life.......

"Just because something is on sale, doesn`t mean that you have to buy it. " awd330

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information