Thread: Greetings

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings

Hello everyone. Discovered this cool forum and figured it would be a good ideal to join up. Until this past June I really didnt take much pride in my car care. I had an 04 SAAB that had 1 part broken... Since all SAAB warehouses have been shut down till new ownership is established I was left with a totaled car. Well I was able to buy a 2012 KIA Soul. From that point on all I wanted to do was clean my car. After making the mistake of not checking my paint over at the dealership I was very disappointed to find my Soul`s paint job really sucked. From the orange peel to the mixed shades of gray, paint job was no where near where I would like it. With no access to a polisher I do what I can. I just try and keep it as clean and waxed to help shine. Working nights helps A LOT.

I work night shifts at a data center. So pretty much every night to pass the time I go out to the garage and detail my car. Or if im not I spend my time watching detailing videos on youtube. MiracleDetail and Garry Dean are some of my favortites. My KIA gets hit daily with Mother`s detailing spray and at least once a week with Meguiar`s paste wax. Actually my wax tub is already bare on the bottom and its only been about 4 months. I really do wish I didnt have to apply the wax so much but out here in TX the wax doesnt last too long.

Im here to find better products I can use and what works best in certain situations. Hopefully I can actually get a few people to pay me to detail their vehicles in the future. My products I use are simply green degreaser, for soap im use the soap that comes out of automatic car wash and use about 5 or so microfiber towels to wash the hard stuff off. After rinsing and drying I spray with a detail spray, wax, then hit it with detail spray again. I keep my clean enough that this method works just fine.

In the near future I would love to purchase the kit Garry Dean offers. Seems like we like to work the same way and his prices look pretty decent.
    Im lost on polishing though. I have some, but I have to polish my car by hand. By hand works well enough on my rims but for the car not so good. My stupid past credit blunders and this new car payment makes me really broke. I noticed there was a $18 car buffer/polisher at wal-mart. Wasnt really sure if it would have been safe to use though. Anyone have some advise or tips for me in that area?

Also as another hobby I love to build lasers and flashlights and when I have some extra space in my house I LOVE to grow edible mushrooms to cook.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greetings

Welcome to Autopiaforums TacoHerder!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AutopiaForums!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AF !!!

Auto Detail & Restoration Concours.John's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum!
    One day I`ll get to do my own car.
    Concours.John Facebook

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AutopiaForums!

Post Thanks / Like

Read up of the forums and you`ll learn that polishing isn`t as hard as it sounds. Ask questions...there are alot of people in here willing to help you out. We all started where you are at now one point in our lives.

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to AF site
    Lexus Rx300

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard! I am trying to stay on a budget also but it is hard since I got my new car also. I can say I have gone mad with the detail bug. I am new here also and all I can say is ask questions and read. The detailing guide towards the top of the page has a lot of information on it. It has helped me since I am new to this.

Dean.

Post Thanks / Like

to AutopiaForums!

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to AF. do yourself a favor and save your money for a good da polisher. that`s one investment you won`t regret if you are serious about detailing.

Post Thanks / Like

I need your job, mine is driving me bat xxxx!

Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for all the help. Classofshine, trust me you dont want my job. I get about 4-5 hours of sleep a day thru the week, but a job is a job now days. Ill be spending plenty of time looking over the detailing guides on this site. They look very informative.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AF TacoHerder

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to AF!

Thread Information