Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,

I have some very light micromarring and a few hairline scratches on my new silver Alfa 156. This was caused when the dealer washed my car, as it wasn`t there when I saw the car under the showroom halogens. Fortunately I was able to remove the micromarring with some 3M IHG. It seems to have done the trick, and the light swirls havn`t returned. Unfortunately, the hairline scratches have come back and I was thinking of trying some IHG mixed with P21S multi finish restorer polish. Carcareonline reckon this is a good solution. I am wondering would this combo be less abrasive then 3M SMR.

Here is the paragraph. Any comments would be appreciated.

thx

"3M IMPERIAL HAND GLAZE: This is my personal favorite (how is that for between the lines?). I have tried just about every product on the market, and keep coming back to 3M Hand Glaze. It is gentle on the paint, produces, in my humble opinion, the deepest gloss, yet is aggressive enough to remove fine swirl marks and scratches. It also "feeds" the paint with emollient oils. If an area needs a little more aggressive cleaning, soak your pad in the 3M and add a small amount (about the size of your pinkie nail) of P21S Multi Finish Restorer Polish (don`t you just love the translation of German names?), mix the two together on the pad and then rub out the area using a linear motion. Buff out and repeat if necessary. This combo works very well on swirl marks and scratches that can be seen but not detected with your fingernail. Once the blemish has been removed, follow with an application of straight Hand Glaze to restore the deep shine and then wax. The recess behind the door handles is a classic area that responds well to this combination."

Post Thanks / Like
    P21S Multi Finish Restorer Polish is a pretty good all-purpose polish. I have a tube that I use mostly for plastic, but also on my wheels. The product is not for using on large areas... mostly for scratch repair.

I agree with you on the 3M SMR... great stuff. Wipes down much better than Meguiar`s SMR.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    I always trust p21s. great products. I use all there products pretty much but never have purchased restorer. SUre have heard good things thoough

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from newtown square, pa.

Hello EVERYONE, I am a professional auto restorer for over 31 years. I enjoy a pristine auto and enjoy all the info provided on this awesome website. I hope i can share some of my knowledge with fellow members. Looking forward to some interesting reading.

Thread Information