Post Thanks / Like
    Well.... I TRIED to heed the warnings! Got to the SG step of the clay/smr/aio/SG routine last night and applied it with my PC. What I found was that even if I put small amounts (like 4 drops) on the grey CMA pad the machine deposited waaay too much for the first 12-18" and that it was hard to get it distributed off that area afterwards. How do others deal with this? Anyone ever spray SG onto the surface directly?

Thanks,

Robert

Post Thanks / Like
    I have mixed SG in a spray bottle with 50% distilled water. Seems to work okay (( spray it on my foam pad, not on the car).

db

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Davidb, what your saying if you mix it half and half with water, spray it onto the pad then your car and it works just as good??????

Do you save any leftovers? Give me a little more info on this, it seems like it may be easier and save ALOT more product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve never tried applying SG with a PC. In my experience it seems to be a little hard to spread anyway. A little too watery for that I think. Try just applying it by hand and see if its any easier. I think that is the way that most of us use SG. AIO works well with a machine but SG is just a little on the thin side for that.
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Jngrbrdman [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I`ve never tried applying SG with a PC. In my experience it seems to be a little hard to spread anyway. A little too watery for that I think. Try just applying it by hand and see if its any easier. I think that is the way that most of us use SG. AIO works well with a machine but SG is just a little on the thin side for that. [/b]</blockquote>
    I tried using SG with the PC the first time I worked with SG and it was a disaster. I applied way too much product. After having used SG a dozen plus times I went back to try it with the PC it was much better but for me SG still goes on best by hand with a MF applicator that has been sprayed lightly with QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    Umm, I always have used the SG with the Porter Cable. I`ll try it by hand and see how much I save and see if it can be removed any easier.

My goal is to get it to remove as easy as the All In One, there must be a way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmph. Second layer was _much_ better; I applied it by hand with a MF applicator and while it was still a little thick in some spots it was much easier to remove overall. One thing I noticed that I`ve never seen mentioned is that if you watch right behind where the applicator passes you can see the SG flash immediately. This became my signal of the correct amount being applied. If you see it for a half second then it`s gone... perfect! This layer was really easy to remove.

Third layer was last night, and I must have got it on too thick again. It was just like in that post by Carguy- I was wiping and nothing was happening! Weird. So I went with the 2 MF towel routine- first damp second dry. That worked really well, but I have to confess that I`m a little concerned about applying water to the freshly SG`d surface. Has anyone noticed ill effects from it? Does it affect the `cure` in any way? I`d have the same concerns about applying/removing with the aid of QD incidentally- I doubt the formulators of Klasse took into account that people may be introducing another chemical in with theirs when applying...

$0.02,

Robert
    Good judgement comes from experience, which often comes from bad judgment.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have removed the Klasse SG with a QD with no ill effects.

I would believe the water introduced to remove the residue will have little to no affect on the Klasse SG cure time. It very little water at that, only a slightly damp MF.

I have found that dry Klasse SG let to dry for an hour or two is very easily removed with a dry 100% cotton towel like the Royal Velvets and Charismas. It was harder to remove than Klasse AIO but along the lines of Meguiars #26.

Klasse SG and thin coats take practice but after the 5th or 6th coat you should have thin coats applied consistantly.

Jason

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from the Tampa area

I`ve found this site this morning and been reading various posts until know and thought I should join. I would consider myself as a novice and that I enjoy detailing my cars and occasional family members. Always looking for ways to make them look better. Only problem I`m running into is that I`m frequently buying more product then I`ll ever use. Next up BFWD, just have to find it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome, I know you`ll find this place informative, I sure have. As fare as BFWD, I have a feeling you`ll be able to "find" it rather easily very soon

Thread Information