Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: glad to be here

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been working on the garage like a mad man latley tring to get it done before spring, Anyhoo I needed to paint the side that the SS is on. So last weekend I pulled the SS out on Sat To paint the Ceiling and the walls white, After I was done some rain was on it way so I pulled the SS Back in the garage. then the big snow hit last week, I didnt spend to much time in the garage till this friday. then today I went out to wash the SS because it was a little warmer and It was dusty and had a little bird poo on it from sittin out all day that Sat. I start washing the top first(like always) And there was a little bird poo on the top by the back window, so I sprayed it it with the hose, and sprayed it again and again and the poo didnt budge! So I looked at it and it was a drip of paint from when I had painted the garage LAST WEEK! I took my wash mitt and sit it on top of the little dot to soak for a few and to gather my self (I wasnt in too good of shape!) Then I lifted the wash mit and took my finger nail and pulled the paint drop up like it was sittin on waxed paper! YEA! I was verry happy! Here is a pic of it on the car.. I couldnt get the Dig Cam to focus so It isnt a great pic
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    here is one after I took it off the car..... i am so glad that I had something protecting the paint. Let us all learn form this, i dont care what you use. Please just use something!

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Whew, gotta love it when things turn out good!

Post Thanks / Like
    I was like that once with some Ketchup. It was after 8 or 9 layers of Klasse and my car was slick as snot. I must have driven over some little ketchup packets or something because I had this red crap sprayed all over the back of my car. I didn`t notice it untill probably a couple hours after it happened. That stuff just wiped right off. I went from "Holy Sh*t!!" to "---> Klasse" in .02 seconds.

Post Thanks / Like
    i guess that`s what happens when you have a 3 inch thick layer of Z... nothing`s gunna stick to it. Even more of a reason to keep your car nice though... if that paint dried onto the surface it would of been a pain to get rid off. btw i love the beading! Man... what i wouldn`t do to see your SS (or John Ross`s collection) in person. With how amazing the pictures are of that thing it must really turn heads.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Dr. Jones [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>i if that paint dried onto the surface it would of been a pain to get rid off. [/b]</blockquote>

The paint had set on the car for over a week, it was dried:scared

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    Good thing the paint didn`t bond to the Z or eat through it.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dont forget that MOST paints you use for the interior of your house are water based, so even after they have dried/cured, they can be removed by soaking them with water, especially hot water.

Good thing no damage remained.

Post Thanks / Like

glad to be here

hey guys,

am a soon to be 70 yr old long term perfectionistic car guy who loves autos and keeping them superduper mechanically and cosmetically. have owned porsches, jags, mb, bimmers, and a snoot full of domestics.

my best hit was a best of concours event on a euro 930 slant nosed porsche at pca`s annual event at rennfest in atlanta in `87.

currently have a `10 jag xk liquid silver coupe with jag installed 20" calimnos rims and wife has a `07 350e mb sedan with 18k miles. the jag is the finest car i have ever owned. it is a monster with its 3rd generation super V8 and a factory exhaust system that snarls.

i belong to several detail forums but NOTHING compares to this one which i found thru trying to learn all i could about 105 macg compound and its applications. the post on 105 was fabulous and must have been written by a phd in councour prep

rock on
    bud :Car smiley:

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Bud! :smileC
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Post Thanks / Like
    tks dc. hope i can make a meaningful contribution to the forum.

budin sc

Post Thanks / Like
    Where in SC are you? I`m in Aiken.

Post Thanks / Like
    im in greeenville. maybe we can meet sometime.

bud

Post Thanks / Like
    hey guys

being new i am a little confused. since pac is closing down does that mean this forum will crash? sure hope not as this is the highest quality one i review!

bus

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont think we know for sure yet but it looks as if it will continue on. Everyones hoping so!
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information