Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Good Bye PAC

Post Thanks / Like
    Ive been on Adams and Autogeek`s forums and they both are pretty good, but Adams is more about their products and Ive had something said to me about "promoting" other brands on there. Autogeek is cool and they have a lot of good info, but its just not TID... I dont know if this helps, but I went into the store yesterday and talked to Mike and all he could really tell me is that it was the owners decision and the doors would be closed Monday. Really sucks cause I had the luxury of being able to go to the store and get my stuff instead of waiting/paying for shipping. Not to mention the guys in there are great and know you by name when you walk in, and dont mind spending a few minutes to answer questions and BS with ya.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CwpCasey View Post
    Ive been on Adams and Autogeek`s forums and they both are pretty good, but Adams is more about their products and Ive had something said to me about "promoting" other brands on there. Autogeek is cool and they have a lot of good info, but its just not TID... I dont know if this helps, but I went into the store yesterday and talked to Mike and all he could really tell me is that it was the owners decision and the doors would be closed Monday. Really sucks cause I had the luxury of being able to go to the store and get my stuff instead of waiting/paying for shipping. Not to mention the guys in there are great and know you by name when you walk in, and dont mind spending a few minutes to answer questions and BS with ya.
    Yup Mike and Angelo are always there to help ya as soon as you walk in the door. Love it there. Sad to see them go.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Quesada

"Success is not the key to happiness.
    Happiness is the key to success.
    If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful."
    - Albert Schweitzer

Post Thanks / Like
    Many have said (and I agree) that business is business, so I`m sure Jack has good reasons for closing shop. I would like to echo the thoughts of others regarding this forum and PAC in general. Good folks, great forum, great info.

I hope BFWD lives on. Shame to lose such a great product.
    Unemployed Since 2009 - Gibs Me Dat

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s ironic to hear this news because I`m also cutting down my detailing drastically and making my arsenal much smaller due to other commitments and the fact that I`m just moving on into a new stage of my life. I even took my car to the car wash the other day!

PAC has been a part of my journey with detailing since around 2003 and it is sad to see that they are closing the site. I`ve learned a lot here. I like to think of automotive detailing as an art and the detailer as the artist. PAC gave me all the tools I could need to perfect my craft. Some people used to say that I spent too much time detailing but they also used to say that I had the nicest car on the block.

I have nothing but good memories regarding my time with PAC.

I want to thank and also wish the owners and staff well.

-Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    My first forum was Autopia. Met a few of the guys from the site this weekend. They are great folks as well. I am headed back to Autopia, with a little sadness though. As far as BFWD living on, I bought a bottle I will store right next to my new tub of Meg 16 and use on special details only. Viva Blackfire!
    I hear voices in my mind and you’re worried that you’re the freak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iCeMaN57 View Post
    Out of all those forums, which would be the better ones? I don`t want to see some 16 year old post pictures every week of a wash and wax lol.
    The original Autopia.org or Live2Detail. You won`t be faced with questions everyday like "What do I need to start a detailing business?", "I`m 18 and just graduated high school, how difficult will it be to start and run a $500 million car wash?", or statements like "I waxed my car last night and now I`m ready to start a detailing business, give me a list of products I will need", etc., etc...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rwright View Post
    The original Autopia.org or Live2Detail. You won`t be faced with questions everyday like "What do I need to start a detailing business?", "I`m 18 and just graduated high school, how difficult will it be to start and run a $500 million car wash?", or statements like "I waxed my car last night and now I`m ready to start a detailing business, give me a list of products I will need", etc., etc...
    I appreciated how these questions were handled on TID.

Quote Originally Posted by iCeMaN57 View Post
    Out of all those forums, which would be the better ones? I don`t want to see some 16 year old post pictures every week of a wash and wax lol.
    ] As far as posting a wash and wax every week, there is a click and brag section. WTF do you think that`s for? Sheesh!!

Attitudes like this drove me away from Autopia. Going back......Hoping to not see more of this.

Post Thanks / Like
    TID is/was my first and only forum for detailing. As a noob, I truly appreciated the huge amount of help I received from Angelo and all the forum members. My dumb questions were handled with courtesy, which is nice! I`ve been on other forums for other things and noobies aren`t always treated so well. I will miss PAC/TID a lot. It`s smaller than other forums, but the info was great and people could talk about any product. Most other sponsored forums have `blacklisted` words which you can`t say, which negates the concept of a `forum`.

Thanks PAC! Good luck to all the worker peeps.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to thank you people for all the knowledge I have gleaned from this forum.
    I got a "new to me" black car. In researching how to make it look good, I came across this forum. I think I sat for hours, reading darn near every thread. Thank you to everyone who has posted especially write ups and pics.
    You have given me the enough of the basics to attempt correcting the swirls and holograms on my own car (and you taught me what to call them!) Sure, it`s going to take some practice to get really good at it, but I at least know where to start now.
    My education has just started, but thanks to you all for that!

Best wishes to everyone here, and at PAC!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peterjon1 View Post
    I just wanted to thank you people for all the knowledge I have gleaned from this forum.
    I got a "new to me" black car. In researching how to make it look good, I came across this forum. I think I sat for hours, reading darn near every thread. Thank you to everyone who has posted especially write ups and pics.
    You have given me the enough of the basics to attempt correcting the swirls and holograms on my own car (and you taught me what to call them!) Sure, it`s going to take some practice to get really good at it, but I at least know where to start now.
    My education has just started, but thanks to you all for that!

Best wishes to everyone here, and at PAC!
    You`re welcome! (Hey look, I spelled "you`re" correctly)

Post Thanks / Like

Hurray for all of us!

What happened to the bible verse about patience?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Gloss View Post

Hurray for all of us!

What happened to the bible verse about patience?
    I wasn`t practicing patience so I felt like a hypocrite. It is my favorite verse, though.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that.

Conviction is a real thing.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information