Post Thanks / Like
    hi i got a red truck and i was wanting to remove the swrils on it what should i use to do that i got a random orbit polisher thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    My recommendation is to use 3M Swirl Mark Remover by hand with a Foam Applicator Pad and a quality buffing towel. Unless you have a great buffer, polishing by hand is better for removing swirl marks. the 3M SMR will cut through light swirls pretty quick.

db

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Meguiars #9 Swirl Remover 2.0. IMO i feel it is easier to use than 3m SMR.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok thanks but will the 3M SMR leave like any little fine scratches or anything after the swrils are gone?

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by anything-goes [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>ok thanks but will the 3M SMR leave like any little fine scratches or anything after the swrils are gone? [/b]</blockquote>
    I think puterbum was doing testing with abrasives and found that most leave fine lines after polishing. 3m SMR also leaves behind a lot of fillers.
    2005 F-150 Reg Cab Flareside 5.4L

Chemical Engineers: More refined than the rest.

Post Thanks / Like

New and open to opinions!

Hello everyone,

I`m completely new to the idea of professional detailing, however, not new to the idea of cleaning a car or truck to a show finish.

A bit about me, married with 2 great kids, I`m originally from the UK and moved over to the USA about 4 years ago leaving behind a very lucrative career (my wife is originally from The USA but was home sick). Unfortunately over the past few years I have found it difficult being a stay at home Dad and focusing on a career at the same time, especially being an uneducated man. Not that I`m not intelligent, I just don`t hold the papers that big firms are looking for to employ.

I do not regret my move, I absolutely love it over here!

I have always enjoyed cleaning and detailing my cars but would really like to take things forward and build up a company and clientele to pave the way for me and my family. Now the big question is, what advice could you give a non professional detailer on products to buy when starting out.... I`m looking to keep overheads down and keep to being a mobile business.

I understand that educating myself on how to professionally detail is a must. Although I do feel that my ability to learn and attention to detail is already very good.

I feel that I have been sparked into this when I shipped my Ford Mustang over from the UK to the USA I treated it to a full detail..... After paying and picking the car up I was happy initially, but after driving it for a few days I noticed that I could have done twice the job for the money they charged me.

Anyway, thank you for reading my ramble..... Look forward to your thoughts and input.

PS I was looking into getting an enclosed trailer with equipment etc

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome,

Sounds like you have a good grasp of the basics. If I were you I would search the forums under whatever particular aspect of detailing your having questions with. If at that point you still have questions, simply start a thread with the question you have

Glad you love are Country

Trouble :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks "trouble".... I think my main question is, does anyone know who makes a good and well priced enclosed trailer unit for mobile detailing?

Is there a good all in one package for start up businesses for products.... Or is there an essential list of must haves?

Thanks again

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elmo3000 View Post
    Thanks "trouble".... I think my main question is, does anyone know who makes a good and well priced enclosed trailer unit for mobile detailing?
    Sorry, I missed the part asking about a trailer

Chaparral is the only trailer company I have expeirence with, yes they make a very nice unit, but their big money

If I were you, I would check Craigslist. Alot of ppl hop into this business thinking their going to get rich quick, only to find out things are not quite that simple. If I were you, I would look for a good used one there

Trouble :-B

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elmo3000 View Post
    Is there a good all in one package for start up businesses for products.... Or is there an essential list of must haves?

Thanks again
    No

If you find a nice "rig" on CL, ask if they`d like to sell their "gear" too

Trouble :spy:

Thread Information