Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was born in Brooklyn and live in the Bronx 4 blocks north of Yankee Stadium.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I know you got one or two pictures of the job you had done, so everyone get ready for a teaser shot of it.

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s up Andrew! Tonymac from 5Series.

I am going to tell you all that this guy has some skills!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to TID Andrew. With all this hype about your upcoming write up, I am really looking forward to seeing it.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonymac View Post
    What`s up Andrew! Tonymac from 5Series.

I am going to tell you all that this guy has some skills!
    whats up tony? you already seen these pics lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bmw5541 View Post
    Welcome to TID Andrew. With all this hype about your upcoming write up, I am really looking forward to seeing it.
    i hope you like the presentation when its done!

i have a soft spot for old ford trucks.
    me being a garage junkiee & a lover of old things, rusted things & just plain old garage junk, i decided to throw it out there for the photoshoot to be held at Sambucci Bros. Auto Salvage!

there is a ton of history about this place. as some of you know they are trying to wipe out the entire "shea stadium junkyards".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willets_Point,_Queens

they are moving to a new location, just a few mins away. the new place should be ready next year.

we tried to get the truck over to the yard before the start of the mets game but that didnt happen. everyone was checking out the truck. i wanted to shout out lets go yankees so bad but i held myself back, it was not the right time to trash talk! im having fun, were about to do a photoshoot at a creepy old junkyard. COOL!

so we took a walk around the place & there she was in the way back. it looked to me like two single post lifts side by side. there were these 2 huge steel arms on either side of the posts, one with a car on it. i demanded some sick shots inside the garage with the thought in mind to try to get a featured article on garagejournal.com!

what a creepy looking triangular steel building that was. i saw nothing but assorted car parts, lined up & tagged. i thought about all the stories that must be floating around about this place. the atmosphere that filled the air kind of reminded me of the michael jackson thriller video. if zombies could rise from the ground, now was the time!

:drool5:

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Andrew! :hurray:

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to TID Andrew.

I also worked in bodyshops as a painters helper and painted back some 20 years ago . Your so right its not worth the health risks . I stopped when I was coughing up colors and blood

I blame any dementia I have on paint fumes!
    Detailing is so much safer !
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Belair
    Welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know what you mean Andrew I am on a lot as well. I think I found it, detailing paradise. I am originally from NY as well, born in Brooklyn grew up on Staten Island

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s up bro, It was good talking to you]. glad you signed up here on TID!
    Doing it BIG!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by th0001 View Post
    Welcome Andrew! :hurray:
    thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by detailchick View Post
    Welcome to TID Andrew.

I also worked in bodyshops as a painters helper and painted back some 20 years ago . Your so right its not worth the health risks . I stopped when I was coughing up colors and blood

I blame any dementia I have on paint fumes!
    Detailing is so much safer !
    i feel like painting is unfinished business with me. when i left, i never finished my training. i could paint but it would take a lil practice to get back into it. i was mixing paint, edging parts & doing a few other things before i left.
    the body guy would give me the car after body filler was applied & all sanded down. i took it from there, mixed the different primers, had my own gun & was spraying all primer coats as well & sealers & stuff. i did my own taping, sanded down all the primer & gave it to the painter. i would work with the painter side by side just observing & learning.
    after paint & clear coat was sprayed, i would get the car back & wetsand, compound & polish the car.
    i also worked with the other guys in the shop, helped out on the frame machine & did some light assembly work as well.
    i did everything that was asked of me but the money wasnt ever going to be good enough for me to stay in the body shop. back then i got paid $300 for a full weeks of work. when i left the shop i was charging $150 for an in/out detail. all i had to do was work 3 days in the week, detail 1 car a day & i was making good money. 4 cars a week & i made double what the body shop was paying me.

i think what separates me from the avg detailer is my experience in the body shop. im not your average detailer :biggrin:

as far as the health risks, the painter in the shop has it pretty bad. i knew a painter that was having penis problems & kept failing to get his wife pregnant. so........the doctor told him to stop painting for a good 6 months, bang his wife like a monkey & as soon as she got pregnant he could start painting cars again. :partaaay:

Quote Originally Posted by Belair View Post
    Welcome to the forum.
    thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal329 View Post
    I know what you mean Andrew I am on a lot as well. I think I found it, detailing paradise. I am originally from NY as well, born in Brooklyn grew up on Staten Island
    thats a great site but its based out of the UK. i love to read the writeups from the UK detailers. the admins invited me on that site a few years ago. one of the guys was reading up about me & sent me an email. i could not turn down the offer to join up over there. that site is not that busy but its always entertaining to see how they do things in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Tru_Shine View Post
    What`s up bro, It was good talking to you]. glad you signed up here on TID!
    hey man, i thought id see you around here. my friends car got all hacked up by that wannabee detailer down there. sad to say he claimed to be a brooklyn ny guy.
    long story short, $250 for a paint correction but the guy left out all the little things that to all of us are big things. wheels not poished, heads & tails not even clayed. when my friend asked about the heads & tails the guy tried to tell him its an extra $50 to polish the wheels, an extra few bucks for the lights etc...
    i guess down there the guy feels his customers wont pay more than $250 for a good detail, oh well. now my boy wants to get the nose repainted. his excuse, "now is a good time to get rid of these rock chips".
    he shouldve drove the car up on a holiday weekend to chill, have some beers, catch up on old stuff & get his car done right by me.

anyways, thanks for the warm welcome. i will post up 1 more teaser pic along with the song i selected for the you tube.

will post that up sometime later if i can.

bye for now.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

last teaser before the final presentation is released!

Post Thanks / Like
    :ar! We want pictures please :ar!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    :ar! We want pictures please :ar!
    i got the first draft of the video late last night.

once its done, i have to send it over to GJ so they can feature it on theyre homepage......once thats done i will post it up on all the forums that i sponsor.

trust me, i want to get this done so i can post up the rest of the work ive been holding back lol.
    im sorry for the delay, the shop is very busy at the moment.
    Taking picture

Post Thanks / Like
    everything is done, just waiting for the GJ feature.
    cant wait to put this out then start putting out all of the writeups & cars n stuff that ive been storing on my computer lol. jobs from feb are still not posted yet but oh welll, nice to stay busy.
    angelo, are you still on here?
    hope all is well with ya.
    why is it so hot in nyc? the entire city is melting & so am i.
    bye folks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information