Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want the longest lasting by far, try Collinite pure #1 carnauba. The stuff holds up for 4-5 months, even on rocker panels subjected to snow/slush/sand, etc. Actually, I think all of the Collinite products are very long lasting. You may give up a little shine, but you`ll never see beading like this.
    2021 Acura RDX, Pearl Red
    2022 Cadillac CT-4V Blackwing, Blaze Orange
    2022 Mazda MX-5, Snowflake White

Post Thanks / Like
    Collinite 476 Super Doulble coat. Super Man would use this.
    As Soon As I saw That Guys Cars Dirty I Knew He Was Going To Be A Failure! Donald Trump - The Apprentice

Post Thanks / Like
    As far as carnubas go, i believe collinite is the winner in durability. It is hard to use and a lacks a little shine some of the other formulas have, but lasts 2 months or so depending on driving and conditions. Blitz would be a close second........

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll add my vote for Blitz if you want to go the caranuba route. Very easy to work with, gives good depth and "wetness", and lasts a very long time. For $15/tin it`s a good deal. Just make sure to keep it away from your black trim!!
    Taking my signature to it`s MAXIMUM POTENTIAL

Post Thanks / Like
    Another vote for Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Was still beautiful. Easy to put on, but a ***** to remove.

However, I got the Souveran 6 weeks ago and had to try it. So, this weekend, I used the "good stuff". HAHAHA -- you really need sunglasses now when you look at it.

E

Post Thanks / Like
    The DEIFITIVE answer is Zymol... apply it to all you black plastic trim and it will stay there untill you remove it with PB...

Sorry, Could not help myself on this bad joke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Meguiars Mediallion is their longest lasting wax. I believe it also contains a quazi polymer in it that is supposed to make it last longer. Number #26 is good stuff, but it is a pure wax. Don`t expect it to last much longer than your goldclass. I used to love using show car glaze followed with the Mediallion. Great results.

I switched to Zaino, I like the look better, not to mention the longevity.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blitz wax :up In the UK from www.frost.co.uk anout 14 pounds, they also sell other One Grand stuff.

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by laynlow [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Meguiars Mediallion is their longest lasting wax. I believe it also contains a quazi polymer in it that is supposed to make it last longer. Number #26 is good stuff, but it is a pure wax. Don`t expect it to last much longer than your goldclass. I used to love using show car glaze followed with the Mediallion. Great results. [/b]</blockquote>
    On geekysteve`s www.thewaxtest.org , #26 outlasted Medallion if I am not mistaken (I sure wish he had that site back up!).

I have some customers whose Lexus LS 400`s I wax about 3 times a year with #26 and they are still beading when I wax them again. They do have covered parking and I am the only one who washes their cars though, so that may have something to do with the longevity.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    #26 did outlast Medallion, by a long shot! Medallion was dead after about 3 weeks.

The longest lasting carnauba that we tested was Collinite - it killed everything else, and almost gave the Klasse a run for its money.

We tested the Collinite Marquee `De Elegance (sp?) and the #476 Super Double Auto Coat wax. Great products for durability.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you choose this product (yes the shine is not up to the standards of One Grand/#26) I suggest the Fleetwax. Its the same formula as the 476 but comes in a bigger can and costs less. Its more durable than Marque D` Elegance but the Marque has 24% more Carnuba and is easier to apply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Geekysteve your killing me on the waxtest site. When is it ever going back up

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, Here To Learn

Morning everyone.

Here to learn, learn some more and see how "detailing" differs across the water.

Matthew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information