Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Easy question for an Autopian: YES! I am now known as the "Car Care Consultant." Great title! And the other day, I was talking to a professor friend of mine. We were talking about something idealistic (I forgot what exactly, quite honestly), and when I was meaning to say "utopian," and on accident I said "Autopian!" He gave me a strange look as I quickly changed the subject. Anybody else have anything similiar happen to you, or am I just over the border on detailing silliness?

By the way, the pictures of my Klasse`d dictionary will be posted soon!
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    Every time I talk to friends or co-workers and were on the subject about cars it leads to talking about car detailing. Have to learn to bite my tongue when it comes to talking about car detailing. People start to think you are way to obsessed with the whole car detailing thing. I have decided to stop detailing friends cars because then everyone else lines up for you to do their car and when it is a friend doing it and not a professional boy do people get damn picky. My neighbors already think im going to wash my paint off.
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, today I was finishing up Z`ing a Blazer, and I couldn`t stand wasting some of the Z5 ZFX still in the bottle so I started running my finger around inside the bottle to get the last little bit off the sides. I could reach all the way down for all but the last quarter inch or so, and I wanted it so bad I got my finger stuck! I thought I was going to end up cutting the bottle off my finger, but it finally let go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes Chuck, obsessed. Thats the word for it. I was called that after my buy of 150 mf towels. In 3 separate colors of course!!!!:up My neighbor gave me his shrinks name to go to. He told his doc about me and now he thinks I have OCD. Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. LOL LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes very much so. When i`m walking in a parking lot i can`t help but to look at the cars finishes and think swirls, bad swirls, water spots, bird crap, needs repainting. My friends think i`m nuts.:p
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    When I go on a break at work, I think about detailing.....
    When I see another well detailed car, I check its trim for any wax stains to see if that person does indeed use wax....
    If there ARE any stains, I wonder what wax that person is using.....
    If I happen to see an UNBELIEVABLY well detailed car, I wonder if by chance, that person is someone I know on Autopia....
    Every spare moment I have at work is spent on Autopia....
    I`m supposed to be thinking about my next career move, but I tend to wander and think about detailing when researching things....
    It `bothers` me if I skip a QD session or am a day late in washing my car....
    I entertain ideas of moving to a new house, just so I can have a nicer garage to work in.....
    I am no longer a dog lover.....
    When someone asks me to detail their car, I spend long hours thinking of how to prep the car and then debate as to whether I should use Klasse or Zaino.....
    I read the CMA brochure every day.....
    I go to www.zainobros and www.properautocare.com almost daily `just for the heck of it`....
    When the wife is away or at a friend`s house, I see that as an `opportunity` to spend time detailing....

The list goes on.

Would this be considered obsession?

Post Thanks / Like
    wonder how I could make it look better! I carry more stuff in my trunk than should be carried. I run out to my car at lunch time and QD it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Obsessed? no way, I can stop whenever I want to, I just dont want to

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    Obsessed? Why would you say I`m obsessed. Do I look obsessed? I`m not obsessed. Stop calling me obsessed. And don`t touch my car either! :p
    "I have not failed. I`ve just found 10,000 ways that won`t work."

- Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I can claim to be bitten by the bug. I went for a walk on Ft. Lauderdale`s Southbeach and while walking the parking lot, I couldn`t help but notice all the swirls, scratches, wax residue, etc. on some very nice cars. Like late model Expeditions, MB`s, Porsche, and so on.

Now, I can forgive the guy who drove down here from Texas or New Hampshire (my home state!!), but please!

The sad part of this is that I was noticing the bad paintcare all the while bikini-clad women (and a few men ) were all over the place.

What`s wrong with me??????????:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like

No why............?:nixweiss
    DEDICATED TO THE PURPOSE BEYOND REASON... Oakley ..

Bill 97 Camaro SS #1422

Post Thanks / Like
    May need your help...spring is around the corner...and Md and PA are in a rain drought ..we will not be able to wash our cars unless it rains.....

Need a good Indian Rain dance.

Heres an idea..for a Indian Rain dance

Jumpin up and down.. runnin around my cart...one hand has a bottle of Klasse, the other Sourvern,,,,shakin up to the sky..

haven`t thought of the right words to say as im looking up to the sky..

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    11 responses in a few hours... ya, we`re obsessed.
    -Chuckmotor

Post Thanks / Like
    When your concerned about the appearence of your wheel wells something`s wrong!

Post Thanks / Like
    When you see your neighbor washing his car with a dish rag and some laundry soap and you yell at them and then bring your stuff over to wash and they sit back drinking beer watching you....er yeah it can be addictive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information