Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like
    took the wheels and tires off of the AC Cobra and did the entire WENOL number on the aluminum wheelwells, 1st the RED, then the Blue, then the PINK, buffed it up to a mirror finish. It didn`t matter that two days later the AC and I were going to be driving on the race track like a bat out of hell. GUESS THAT WOULD BE A LITTLE OBSESSED. BUT I LIKE IT.

HIGH NOON: THe doctor that told your neighbor you probably had a complusive disorder would probably be the first SOB to ask you to detail his car out though.

Post Thanks / Like
    No. I can stop any time I want to. Really. (at least while my car is in the shop for the next two days getting a freshly painted new bumper cover) Hmm . . . my 12 speed bicycle might look good with some Z2 on it, though.
    2002 Acura TL Type S

Nighthawk Black Pearl

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been obsessed for a long time. I know we have a lot of young detailers in here but I`ve been this way for more than 20 years. I can say my obsession has diminished with time and I`m not nearly as picky with my car as I used to be, but I`m still pretty bad. Latest obsessive act I committed:

A co-worker has a Z3 2.5. About a year old. Certainly never seen wax/polish and only a few washes since he bought it. Owner is simply not a car person; what he`s doing with a Z3 is beyond me.

Anyway, I rag on him enough to get the car washed. Fortunately he takes it to a hand wash place and they do a decent job. But they didn`t touch the plastic rear window. I don`t have a plastic polish to do the job correctly (guess I could`ve used glass cleaner but that`s just not the proper Autopian thing to do). He doesn`t care about the window but it drives me nuts every time I see the car. So what do I do? I order some Plexus from CMA. Just so I can clean his rear window and return my psyche to normal.

I finally get the opportunity to do the windows. Of course I used my MF`s and brought some Invisible Glass to do the other windows. Clean all windows incl. the plastic one. Several co-workers were out there looking at the car and watching me do the work. I held a little glass cleaning seminar in the parking lot. When we went back to the office I sent everyone links to each of the products I used, for additional education.

Obsessed? Crazy? I dunno. Lots of adjectives can be used. All I know now is that the Z3`s rear window looks good and I`m calm......sorta.

Post Thanks / Like
    WENOL number on the aluminum wheelwells, 1st the RED, then the Blue, then the PINK

i know of the Red and Blue...but the pink??please xplain..

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    The PINK is a wax that Wenol produces that you can apply after you have finished with RED/BLUE. It really works well. It provides protection so that water spots will wipe off. I did the aluminum in the front radaitor cowling of my AC Cobra with it about 3 months ago and if it gets spotted I just wipe it off and it still has the mirror finish. I did find that the wax protection didn`t last as long in the wheelwells but the track & freeway driving you pick up stuff that mostg scientists couldn`t identify.

I really like WENOL products.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t seen it, do you have a link??

thks

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    JEFF

I know that CMA has WENOL, but I`m not sure if they have the PINK tube. I haven`t checked. I normally pickup my WENOL when I am attending car shows, etc. I forgot to pick it up last weekend at the Temecula Rod Run so I will have to get it later. The guy I normally pick it up from is Dave at DOUBLE D ENTERPRISES [ddovidio@aol.com or www.nuviewplus.com]. I see him at swap meets and most major car shows out here in CA but he is based in Arizona. His phone number is 1-888-427-4463.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile A little hello from Tampa, FL

Hi my name is Jason Rashidnia I am new to the site and forum. I started my mobile detailing business a few months ago and have learned a lot. I will continue expanding my knowledge as it gets passed on from long time professionals to newborn detailers.

Angelo from Classic Motoring Accessories was great in passing off some awesome info and I will definitely continue building a relationship for years to come. :smile:

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Truth in Detailing Jason. glad to see you here on our forum and enjoy it!:wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to TID and best of luck in your newest endeavor!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to TID Jason. You have just learned what all of us here already knew. Angelo is the best!!!!
    Good luck with your new business, and I hope to see you around.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Jason!:smile:
    I will miss you TID! R.I.P !

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome...Great to see ya!...Just watch your pocket book as buying from Angelo can be addictive...he is a great guy with lots of soul to soul advice...You have come to the right place.:smile:

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the site. You`ll learn so much from here. Goodluck on your business. I love it here in Tampa. Detailing is great here. Happy detailing!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Michael Quesada

"Success is not the key to happiness.
    Happiness is the key to success.
    If you love what you are doing,
    you will be successful."
    - Albert Schweitzer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for your warm welcome. I am looking forward to everything TID has to offer. I think we Floridians are lucky compared to the northerners because they have to suffer the cold and we get to walk out with shorts while not worrying about our water freezing on the car or whatever else those guys face! In other words we have more chance to build our business. Anyways it seems once I started the business every where I turn there is a mobile detailer or car wash guy on the corner. Heres to hoping I am not lumped into the local car wash guy market. I want to offer a high quality service for clients who want a pristine vehicle inside and out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information