Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Great car Greg, and nice pictures too

The first pic almost looks like your car was silver or white. I was like, carguy bought another M5???? Then I saw the picture of the car outside.

Very nice Greg, Do you intend to top with Souveran??

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    admac - i think it was just the angle. Jason - the color inside the garage is a byproduct of the lighting, plus the fact that I lightened up the whole image a bit in photoshop - the main thing I wanted to see was the reflections. I don`t think I`ll top with Souveran - I expect it would look great - but then I`d never know how to add more SG - can`t put it over wax, and yet you can`t (that I know of) easily strip wax without probably stripping the SG too. So my guess is you`d then just have to start all over. If I want a souveran finish, then I would use Gold Class underneath and not worry about applying one over the other. But i want to see how I feel about the Klasse after I`ve washed and dried a bunch of times....

Post Thanks / Like
    carguy - to answer your question about leaving the first layer of SG. I have seen this before. Can`t remember where though.

Thought it was here under jimwh:

http://www.autopia-carport.com/forum...ht=sunglasses.

I`ll try to find it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The car looks very good in those pics. how many more coats of SG do you plan to add what are your plans?
    Fmr Nascar,Arca & USAC driver

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    The finish looks so smooth. I always secretly thought Klasse gives an "okay" shine and is inferior comparing to Zaino, and is for people that have a lot of time rubbing on the paint with towel to get the haze out, but now everything`s changed and I"m very impressed with the results! :up Thanks a lot for the test! I believe this means a lot to everyone because you are one of the few that do not just fall into the "hype" and can test and report honestly (good & bad) and OBJECTIVELY! :up :up

Post Thanks / Like
    C240 - I am not honestly seeing much difference from the layering. I think I`ll stop for a while. Car is about to get rained on and do some travlin`, so I`ll get to see if I notice any differences in the way the Klasse holds dirt, beads, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by carguy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`> I think I`ll stop for a while. [/b]</blockquote>Hey if you start putting on more SG how will you do it? I mean like you will just add more SG or start the whole process over again with AIO? Will you just wash really good or what will you do to prep before adding more SG if you do add more SG? Thanks and keep me posted about your findings and opinions about Klasse.

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    as long as I haven`t put some sort of topper on, I would certainly expect these 4 layers of SG to last a long, long time. As ong as I didn`t have swirls to work out, I would just wash and apply more Sg.

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by carguy [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`> I would just wash and apply more Sg. [/b]</blockquote>
    That`s the way I have been doing it and it seems to work just fine. I have even done a little spot claying of some spots I missed before applying the Klasse. Even that didn`t seem to strip the Klasse off. Of course I applied another coat of SG to the clayed areas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys im debating if I should put on another coat of SG which would be #5.

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by C240 [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Thanks guys im debating if I should put on another coat of SG which would be #5. [/b]</blockquote>
    The problem with Klasse if you can call it that is that it is too good. It`s great for vehicles like my wife`s minivan because I don`t want to spend a lot of time on it. Now when I wash it looks great again and that`s about it.

For our own personal rides though we can`t seem to leave them alone. That`s why I have Klassed all of my four wheel vehicles except the Porsche. I enjoy waxing the Porsche. After driving it I like to wash it, wax it and cover it. I would even call it therapeutic.

Now if they could just come up with a product to keep the inside of my back window clean and shiney for a year. I hate that job but I dig waxing especially with Souveran.

Post Thanks / Like
    short cut, my sentiments exactly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Waiting to buff out coat #5
    here are pics after coat #4
    who said white cant get that wet-look

96 Mitsu GST
    02 Vette Z06
    03 S2000

Post Thanks / Like
    That is awesome!!! That is with no carnuba at all?? Amazing! Well done my Klasse brother! :xyxthumbs
    Keeping Texas clean one car at a time!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great pics! It just goes to show that good hard work pays off! And can be fun, too

Likecars - I buffed between my coats of SG. The AIO really didn`t appear to need it, but I did anyhow. I`ll give not buffing between coats a try and see what happens. It should work fine as long as nothing gets on the car (dust, etc.). That was the problem on my first go around with Klasse, a flowering palm tree...Arrggh!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information