Thread: Hello everyone

Post Thanks / Like
    What a great place! I have spent hours in the archives and learned a great deal however, I am still puzzled over a couple issues.as many of the post were specific to the type car, climate, driving habits, etc. I would like to layout my old car care routine and then what I think I should be doing based on the archives and then get some guidance. Thanks for your patience.

Car 00 BMW M5 Black w/ black and red leather-just bought it!

Dallas,Tx

2 miles commute park under cover

Old Routine

Wash-Zymol Auto Bath (Target kind not Clear), Target wool mitt, Target EVA drying towel.

Wax-Zymol HD-Cleanse, Carbon Wax, hand application, Zymol Towel

Interior Vinyl-Zymol Vinyl

Leather- Leatherique

Exterior vinyl- Meguiars Vinyl

New Routine

Wash-Same but use PS21 towel, and Dawn for pre-wax

Wax- Klasse w/ Zymol topper

Interior/Exterior Vinyl- 303

Leather-HELP- coated or not? Leaterique or 303?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought the Leatherique stuff but haven`t gotten a chance to use it. If you call them, they can tell you whether its clear coated. But I think it will work either way.

H PS go for a Souveran or Blitz topper instead of Zymol...and don`t make a habit of using dawn as a car wash. With black you will benefit more by using Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion to remove old residues and get some mild polishing action at the same to for swirls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t forget those tires and Windows....still open issue on which is best...

Meguiars Endurance, Forever Black tire gel, there are two more good ones I can`t remember...buts its in the archive..

Stoner has good glass cleaner....get those Micro fiber towels too...

When you clean your car, look in the archives for this too...there is a certain way you should do this, or you may scratch and swirl

car terrible..

jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash - Same but use PS21 towel, and Dawn for pre-wax

* That sounds fine

Wax - Klasse w/ Zymol topper

* Remember, once you apply the wax you cannot apply Klasse anymore, people say there is a bonding problem so you will need to strip your car and start over. I have never tried so I don`t know if this is true, I am just repeating what others say

Interior/Exterior Vinyl- 303

* 303 on the ext will not last long, once you go through a car wash or a rain shower it will come off, I would recommend using sometihng else

Leather-HELP- coated or not? Leaterique or 303?

* From what I have read domestic cars have clear coat on the leather, ask your dealer for a correct answer. I would use a conditioner for the leather as well as 303 as a protectant. As you know, don`t use a conditioner on clearcoated leather because it will not penetrate the leather.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since you live in a hot environment, carnuba wax will not last long. If you choose the KLASSE route, I would just keep putting SG on the car. If you do in fact want the "carnuba" look, then using zymol is fine, but you will have to reapply often considering the environment you live in. Having a garaged and covered car helps though.

For intial prep, I would clay the car, dawn wash, and then use a paint cleanser. Assuming you do all this, the AIO is unnecessary on good paint. Don`t use abrasives any more than you need too....especially on black.

I would use a 100% cotton mitt for washing, and quality towels to dry and wax. For the exterior trim, 303 will work fine. For the tires, I like Z-16, or Turtle wax tire gel for a high gloss. Endurance was too greasy and slingy for my tastes.

For you interior leather, I like Zaino Z10 or Lexol. Zaino gives the leather a factory low gloss look, while lexol gives a higher gloss look. On the dash of the bimmer, and all the other interior trimmings, I like to use 303.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great to here you are going Klasse route, especially on a black car:up .

Since it`s a `00 car I would not skip claying and AIO, you surely have some contamination and oxidation in the paint.

For washing drop that Target wool mitt and try 100% cotton one.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone

just register and want to say hello everyone my name is jeck

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Jeck,

Welcome to TID. Hope to see you around.
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Jack :wizard:

Thread Information