Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Central Florida

I`ve been a long time reader, and finally decided to take the plunge. Already I`ve gleaned quite a bit of knowledge from this board, and am trying to recruit friends who are willing to let me experiment (college students rarely have nice cars anyway, haha).

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to accomplish car washing and such when living on the 2nd floor in an apartment complex, please let me know! My only other option is to drive 80 miles 1 way to a relatives house. Anyone with a garage I can borrow?

I invested in the Blackfire Reference Kit with the PC 7424XP and had good results on a 1980s Buick Century, just wish it could help my car.

Looking forward to gaining more knowledge!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX2M3 View Post
    I`ve been a long time reader, and finally decided to take the plunge. Already I`ve gleaned quite a bit of knowledge from this board, and am trying to recruit friends who are willing to let me experiment (college students rarely have nice cars anyway, haha).

If anyone has any suggestions as to how to accomplish car washing and such when living on the 2nd floor in an apartment complex, please let me know! My only other option is to drive 80 miles 1 way to a relatives house. Anyone with a garage I can borrow?

I invested in the Blackfire Reference Kit with the PC 7424XP and had good results on a 1980s Buick Century, just wish it could help my car.

Todd lives in Orlando. Maybe he will loan you his garage :ar!

Welcome to TruthInDetailing ZX2M3. Glad you decided to join us, hope to see you around :Snowman:

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Truth In Detailing ZX2M3, does your Apt. complex has a wash area for its occupants? Maybe washing your vehicle there and maybe moving a few rows away and use a canopy to detail your vehicle. Hopefully there some type of electrical outlet near by. Another option is running your extension cord from your apt, if`s it allowed.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to TID!!!
    Bill Luster
    Specializing in Detailing Corvettes....:thumbup:

You`ve been given one life.
    Think about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ZX2M3 View Post

Welcome to this corner of the Internet! You have joined one of the best sites available.

Let`s see - car washing. I have been known to visit the self-wash places that have drive in bays with the pressure wands. I`ll do a quick rinse, pull out and park in a shady spot then use a rinseless wash product. If soap is required, I do the initial rinse, fill 1 or 2 gallons in a bucket and hand wash with my own soap (I bring soap and bucket along), then do a rinse, pull to a shady spot to dry.

As for using your polisher - find a city park that has electrical facities (some do) - take enough 12ga and 14ga extension cord, pull into the shade and have at it.

Central Florida - as in the Orlando area?

As posted above, does your complex allow you to run power cords out to the parking area? Do you know/get along with the first floor tenants? If so, you`re golden. Just be sure the gage/rating is sufficient (I start with 12ga then 14ga - no less than #14 to run 50 feet).

Regards,
    GEWB

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the TID family.
    You might want to invest in a canopy that you can set up and take down when needed. Also, you can wash cars with Optimum No Rince (ONR).

Good luck!!!
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Barry is correct, try ONR if you have no other place to wash it (2 gallons will easily wash a car or SUV).

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome fellow Central Floridian! About where do you live?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcomes and suggestions, guys!

I live north of Orlando. The complex does not have a car wash area, which is driving me insane. The idea popped into my head to sneak into a neighboring apartment complex and use their car wash area...but that might get me into trouble. The ONR looks like a good product for my situation, so it is in my cart.

A 16 gauge 100ft extension cord was just purchased, and it will reach from my porch to the shady parking spot. I`m not certain if the washing of the car will be an issue, or the extension cord, however, the PC is a noisy little beast and I`m a small person, so it is a time consuming process for me to use it.

Perhaps offering car cleaning services will make the fellow residents more likely to put up with it, haha.

Thread Information