Thread: new from CT!

I am using these towels to take off the klasse residue on my black ML320. Some people have mentioned about inferior quality MF towels, are these towels bad quality? I am sort of lost on the whole MF issue

Post Thanks / Like
    The Viper towels I have are blue and are not very good. They are not as plush as neatitems or Miracle Towels, do not absorb nearly as much water and don`t have that "grabby" feeling when you run your hand over them. I use them to dust at home, that`s about it.:down

Mine are green and they feel weird against my skin.

Also, why doesnt anyone like the CMA MF washmitt, I thought it was better than chenille?

Post Thanks / Like
    others think that it holds the dirt to close to the top and will drag it along your paint as you wash.....thats why some prefer the deep chenille mitts(100% cotto) from either Viking or CMA..........when you use A good MF....its plush....but no matter how plush it is(like miracles/steves or neatitems) it will most likely be used for QDing...and that is most likely(should be) performed on a very clean car only....so it doesnt have to suk too much dirt down into the fibers...but when your washing...presumably....your car is dirty...so thats alot to ask a MF mitt to do...IMHO...id rather go with the thicker Chenille mitts....for washing anyway.............

done use vipers for washing so someone else can give ya input about that.....BTW...what do u mean by it feels weird against your skin...it should feel soft and nice!!!oh babay!!

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by FLONI [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>.BTW...what do u mean by it feels weird against your skin...it should feel soft and nice!!!oh babay!! [/b]</blockquote>
    FLONI,

Now I will interpret for you buddy. I think AlBoston means when you run your fingers over the plush side, it grabs your skin a bit, a sign that the microfiber is trying to pull dirt from a surface. My Vipers don`t feel this way, nor do the Nicsand, but the Miracle Towel and neatitems do.

Damn... CMA`s website said their MF wash mitt prevents swirls, thats why I bought it. Oh well, more money spent on cleaning my truck

Post Thanks / Like
    And they are fine. As long as you remove the tags! Mine are plush, and I use them alot. I also have some other MF`s, including a batch of 10 I just got from YoSteve. These are the original Miracle Towels (so I`ve heard) and are light blue.

Don`t worry, just keep your towels clean and don`t use "wheel" towels on paint!!!
    2002 Torch Red Corvette convertible

1997 Red/Tan Expedition

1993 Red Eclipse (wife`s)

Zaino - tried it...loved it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the green ones and love em,...i hear the older blue ones weren`t as good but the green ones are excelent.

Post Thanks / Like

new from CT!

Hi everyone,

this looks like a great place with ALOT of information. I am somewhat experienced in detailing, but I am more of a weekend warrior.

I`m from CT and just detail on the side. Thanks in advance for teaching me new stuff!

Brian
    (bmc)

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Truth In Detailing bmc, lots of great folks here and remember the search button is your friend. :wizard:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Brian.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the family Brian. You have found the best detailing forum, with the best group of guys and gals.
    Enjoy your stay.ancing Dot:
    Barry Schultz
    Detailed Elegance

Post Thanks / Like
    Ditto to what Barry said, this place has more content, and less BS than most forums, I`m sure you`ll fit in great!

Welcome!
    Connor Harrison

Inspection -> Correction -> Protection

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

thanks for the warm welcome guys!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to TruthInDetailing Brian. Hope to see you around :

Thread Information