Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    PrinzII

Glad to hear it Try some Miles Davis and you wont mind if the drive takes an extra few minutes. Life`s to short to rush

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    I got a kick out of a song by Boney James.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where the Party At - Jagged Edge f/ Nelly

Passin Me By - Pharcyde (Is the base for "Stutter" by Joe)

Lights, Camera, Action- ? Cheeks

Area Codes - Ludacris f/Nate Dogg

Son of a Gun - Missy Elliott f/Janet Jackson and Carly Simon

What About Us - Brandy (Off her new Album "Full Moon)

Did You Ever Think? - R. Kelly

It`s So Hard - Big Pun

Post Thanks / Like
    Ping Pong - Endangered Species

Where`s Your Head At? - Basement Jaxx

Post Thanks / Like
    :nixweiss

puterbum, what a hoot, I was just telling my son about 8 tracks when I hit your post. I had just returned from Viet Nam and had purchased a really expensive "add-on" 8 track player. Car radios in that era, `69, were just starting to be available with things like 8 tracks, so any car you bought would need an under-dash add-in unit. My `54 Ford had the 8 track and, be still my heart, a reverb add on hanging below the dash! OMG, my heart almost stops when I remember my Tammy Wynette 8 track playing with the reverb set on max. One of the cool memories was driving down the road and seeing something glistening in the sun on the side of the road. More often than not, it was a disembowled 8 track cartridge thrown out the window in dispair! This phenomenon was so common we used to count the number os exploded cartridges while on a long drive, just like counting the number of license plates from each state. Well, this little trip down memory lane has really been uplifting. God I miss Tammy.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by dlw [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>puterbum, what a hoot, I was just telling my son about 8 tracks when I hit your post. I had just returned from Viet Nam and had purchased a really expensive "add-on" 8 track player. Car radios in that era, `69, were just starting to be available with things like 8 tracks, so any car you bought would need an under-dash add-in unit. My `54 Ford had the 8 track and, be still my heart, a reverb add on hanging below the dash! OMG, my heart almost stops when I remember my Tammy Wynette 8 track playing with the reverb set on max. One of the cool memories was driving down the road and seeing something glistening in the sun on the side of the road. More often than not, it was a disembowled 8 track cartridge thrown out the window in dispair! This phenomenon was so common we used to count the number os exploded cartridges while on a long drive, just like counting the number of license plates from each state. Well, this little trip down memory lane has really been uplifting. God I miss Tammy. [/b]</blockquote>

Nowadays, we see that with cassettes...lol

Post Thanks / Like
    "Only In America" Especially with the events of the last 6 months. This song makes me thing of what a great country we live in. This song on a 75 degree day with the windows open on a windy road !!
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like

Total Posts [for thread]: 83
    User... Posts
    PrinzII... 31
    </blockquote>Hey PrinzII, do you like music? LOL

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>
    Hey PrinzII, do you like music? LOL [/b]</blockquote>
    Ain`t it obvious?

Post Thanks / Like
    Stoplight Grand Prix/Drag Racing

Me The Mailman - 6 Bells All

Make Some Noise - Fast Eddie

Watch It - Robert Armani

Pump It - DJ Funk/Fast Eddie

Beat The Clock - Sparks

Highway Driving

For My (Party) People - Missy Elliott

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything from Metallica or the Scorpions is great driving music. Something hard and loud is just what the doctor ordered when I`m on out and about. The Offspring is great too. You can shout out their songs and they still sound good. Of course, I`m only 26 so my music taste is sort of weird.

One of the questions I asked my wife that made me marry her was if she would attend a Metallica concert with me. She said, "Hell ya! They rock." I went ring shopping. I was a long haired hippy dude then and I`ve since tamed down, but in my heart I will always be head banging.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hardly ever listen to music on the road, with the exception of classical music. Other than that, I`m always on NPR (Bloomberg report, Reuters) & marketplace, newsradio, & sports-talk. Since 70-80 hour weeks are not uncommon for me, I find driving/commuting the perfect time to catch up on things.

Post Thanks / Like
    Music may be bad for you! Here is a report from AOL`s news service

THE music you listen to whilst driving can have a severe impact on your performance behind the wheel, the RAC Foundation said today.

New research from Israel showed that up-tempo music caused drivers to have double the amount of accidents as those listening to slower music.

The study gave 28 students different types of music, ranging from slow ballads to dance music, and monitored them as they used a driving simulator.

Drivers who were listening to music with a fast beat were found to be twice as likely to go through a red light and have twice as many accidents.

The research by academics at Ben-Gurion University supports similar work undertaken by the RAC Foundation in 1998.

Conrad King, Consultant Psychologist to the RAC Foundation, said: "In general, if music is above 60 beats per minute, listeners experience a faster heart rate and increased blood pressure. With dance music, that is fairly common.

"Classical music is not as fast, but the number of notes, combined with the repetitive crescendo and diminuendo can have the same effect.

"There is no fundamental difference between the boy racer listening to rave music and the business man in his new Jaguar pumping out opera."

Music to avoid includes:

Wagner "The Ride of the Valkyries"

Mussourgsky "Night on a Bare Mountain"

Verdi "Dies Irae (Requiem)"

Motorhead "The Ace of Spades"

Kylie Minogue "In Your Eyes"

So Solid Crew "21 Seconds"

Music that will help driving includes:

The Beatles "Here Comes The Sun"

Dido "Thank You"

Bach "Cello Suite No.1"

Will Young "Evergreen"

Robbie Williams "Angels"

Allegri "Miserere"

The Smiths "Girlfriend in a Coma"

So there you go, music should carry a health warning!!

Steven

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve been breaking in the 10" subs and amps with Offspring`s album <span class=`bbc_underline`>Smash.

<em class=`bbc`>clic to listen[/i]

<a class=`bbc_url` href=`http://mfile.akamai.com/3196/rm/muze.download.akamai.com/2890/us/us_rm/1600/162584_1_09.ram?obj=v10212`>It`ll Be a Long Time

<a class=`bbc_url` href=`http://mfile.akamai.com/3196/rm/muze.download.akamai.com/2890/us/us_rm/1600/162584_1_13.ram?obj=v10212`>Not the One

Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread Information