Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Newbie

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, it does sound like puterbum is saying 80/20 towels are bad ("nasty" sounds a lot like "bad" to me). If there`s a reason not to use 80/20 towels, I`d like to know. I certainly don`t want to use a material on my car that`s going to scratch it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the misunderstanding I presented with that, Arterion. What I was referring to was what many people say they do, which is use the 70/30 of their choice on the paint and use the Viper 80/20`s on the doorjambs. My "rant" was somewhat of a joke, but apparently presented poorly.

A well-constructed 80/20 should not scratch your paint. Just make sure it is a good one or it could cause very minor marring. I noticed this when I was originally wiping my doorjambs with 70/30 store-bought towels months ago.

Oh, about the nasty: that was me exaggerating horribly. I`m really picky about the microfiber I use. I love all of the stuff though, you can find a use for just about any microfiber.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Post Thanks / Like
    My apologies. We seem to have shifted the topic of this thread pretty far away from your original questions. Were all of them answered? If not, let us know which ones so that we can help you as you originally requested.

Regards,

puterbum

Post Thanks / Like
    The reason I have asked to take this to a PM conversation is because I don`t think childish quibbling is appropriate for public discussion.

I will address one valid question you ask with another question:

Where did I say 80/20`s scratch paint? Read my replies to another user above if you have not already and you may see my response to your questions.

By the way, who is this "any of us" you speak of? You`re the only one continuing to question my remarks. Again, read above.

Post Thanks / Like
    Why are we making such a big deal about 10% of the composition of a particular type of cloth? Aren`t there better things much more worth our time?

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by jazzyjack [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I`d like to add one last thing, "childish quibbling" is not what is happening here. You have got to be just looking to throw more gas on the fire.

I`ll leave my posts on this thread up for just a short time and then remove them. I`m leaving you alone on other threads that we may both be posting on. "Live and let live".

Regards [/b]</blockquote>Why is there a fire? As I mentioned above, we`re just talking about the composition of cloth. I see no reason for someone to be on "fire" emotionally. Thanks for "leaving me alone", generous of you.

I said nothing of the sort indicating that 80/20`s scratch paint. If you interpreted it that way, I can`t control how you interpret things.

I merely prefer to use lower quality (IMO) microfiber in really dirty places. I should not have imposed this personal preference on you and I am sorry for doing that.

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by jazzyjack[/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Get rid of the mitt your using, it`s junk. Spend a bit more on a high quality mitt and you`ll be set.[/b]</blockquote>I was responding to your overly negative criticism of a product I use and like. I have also seen a lot of attention to this particular product on the forum. See DETAILKING`s group buy and you`ll see what I mean. I agree, you cannot go wrong with a high quality mitt. However IMO the Viking 100% CC mitts are pretty good quality.

Why delete your posts? It`s public conversation, no need to remove or modify. People have already seen what we have said, they just may share my opinion that nothing worthwhile is going on in this thread right now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Puterbum,

Do you think the VIPER 80/20 MF`s are sufficiently well constructed? If not, then I`m in trouble because I`ve spent a few hundred dollars in buying them. I`ve been pretty much using them for everything...buffing, QDing, drying, etc.

Tony

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t have a problem with the Viper MF`s. They are of pretty good quality and I like the one I have. I think this thread really got out of hand and I felt pressed to defend what I said from the "responses" of another user.

I merely prefer a different type of towel. I should not have placed my personal preference as a recommendation and I apologize to all that read this thread for that misjudgement on my part. 80/20 is all good, I just prefer 70/30 MT`s and 75/25 "other towels".

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s all good Puter. I was kinda enjoying this thread actually. I`ve been bored/sleepy here at work because there hasn`t been too many interesting threads in the past few days. But I think this exchange you just had with Jazzy woke me up!

Post Thanks / Like
    The Vipers are pretty good I have a few. To me they do not feel as thick as the more expensive ones from CMA but they are still soft to my fat fingers.

I save the thicker MFs for QDing my truck for fear of scratching.

I have used the Viper for Sealant removal etc. with no problems.

Fear not if you do not like just mail em to me! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Intermezzo330I [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>It`s all good Puter. I was kinda enjoying this thread actually. I`ve been bored/sleepy here at work because there hasn`t been too many interesting threads in the past few days. But I think this exchange you just had with Jazzy woke me up! [/b]</blockquote>LOL Intermezzo, thanks for the smile . Nice to lighten things up and glad this thread was of use to somebody.

Post Thanks / Like
    yo dood....wasssup!@!!the Marshal sent me over to check out the commotion....:p i use the Vipers mostly for windows....but...the BIGBLU has a viper label...and that baby dries my whole car....but its got that waffle crap goin on.....botttom line..Steve`s are the best(and the original CMA miracles)...for me anyway...i have lots of neatitems(suede and plush)...they are really cool...but not as plush as steve`s....i use them on doorjams and out of the way spots(bottom trim) etc....you mess with puter jazzy...and ill put the FLONI curse on u...thats where you`ll write just like me for a mth...

yo...he really deleted his posts???????? :down

Post Thanks / Like

Hello all. I am introducing myself. I joined because I am in local Corvette club and we go to a lot of shows. Couldn`t hurt to try to learn some new tricks. I started out in 94 with a 1968 Corvette convert, next was a 2001 Black Z06. Beautiful but a lot of work. Decided I need a 2003 Torch Red Z06. I just recently sold it and bought a 2009 Victory Red Z06. I have been working on the paint for a few days now cause it sat unsold on the lot for several months. Lots of water spots and tree sap. Its getting better but I have put in a lot of work to get there. Anyways hope to learn a lot here. :wink:

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome, you should be able to learn a lot there are some very good detailers here. lets see some pics of the car.
    Paul
    Eastside Auto Spa

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome got2hav1 to TID, glad to see you come over from the Corvette Forum! we are all here to help each other out so go ahead and post sny questions you might have. Also I think some folks would love to see some pictures of your ride soon............Angelo...........:Car smiley:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information