Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    That is kind of a myth.......had to due with BMW older paint and hi abrasive polish systems gave the illusion of "clouding."

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony(Intermezzo),

thanks again for reiterating your previous offer. I wish I had something of value to offer you besides 100% maple syrup.

DK, as for my klasse, I do not have carnuba a topper. All I have is 1 layer of SG on the bimmer. I ABC`d, then clayed with 3M, then I applied multiple apps of AIO to the car, then I put on the SG. I used damp foam to apply AIO, and dry foam to apply SG. I used charismas to buff, and for the SG, I had a spray bottle of water handy as I needed it to buff the SG off from certain areas. The haze is consistent on the whole vehicle. The bimmer is Boston Green Metallic.

On the alero, I did the same thing, minus the claying step, and I see no haze. I think that has more to do with the fact that the alero is silver. The haze is not noticable on lighter colours. On the bimmer, the haze now looks white in colour. It seems as though it getting worse.

I`d say white on green is more noticable than white on silver. That may be why Steve does not see it on his passat. You`re right, it probably isn`t the german paint. The haze is just more noticeable on darker colours.

I may try zaino this summer. They actually have a Canadian distributor, and he`s only 1.5 hrs away from me. And they sell to Canadians. What a concept...

Steve,

yes, I did notice the haze the day after applying my only coat of SG.

Showroom,

Sorry to hear about your klasse troubles. Too bad my situation isn`t just an anomoly.

bigboyhf,

Thanks for the tip. When I finally get around to buying my PC, I`ll give it a try. But right now, no can do. The weather here also sucks.

Oh well...

Jedi Master
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Bill. Haven`t seen you on this forum for a long time. Must be busy. No hazing from my black Maxima. I have 3XAIO and 2XSG. The shine is even more reflective now but not deeper. Bill, wait till next spring when the weather is acceptable for detailing and use the PC and see what happens. Best thing to do is strip the Klasse and start over again. If the second time around causes hazing on the BMW then switch to Blackfire, Zaino or just Blitz. I`ve ordered from the Guelph located distributor for Zaino. They have good customer service and prompt delivery.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by 99ESMAX [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Hey Bill. Haven`t seen you on this forum for a long time. Must be busy. No hazing from my black Maxima. I have 3XAIO and 2XSG. The shine is even more reflective now but not deeper. Bill, wait till next spring when the weather is acceptable for detailing and use the PC and see what happens. Best thing to do is strip the Klasse and start over again. If the second time around causes hazing on the BMW then switch to Blackfire, Zaino or just Blitz. I`ve ordered from the Guelph located distributor for Zaino. They have good customer service and prompt delivery. [/b]</blockquote>
    Max, I`m glad all is working out with your klasse. I guess I could give it another shot in the spring. Thanks for the info about the zaino guys. Who knows, I may be calling them...

Take it easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Re "Haze." I have noticed that you can end up with less than a "clear" surface when using Zaino, too. BUT, the problem is using too thick an application -- this does not result in a "haze," per se, but, rather, in that cases I have observed, a "smeary" looking surface.

I also noticed this effect if I Z6 a whole lot (like QDing twice a day) -- I speculate that it might be the build up of the sealant replinisher in the Z6. No big deal -- it goes away with a wash or with time (if the frequency of the Z6 use is cut back).

Post Thanks / Like
    Well first time I used Klasse I wasnt happy with the white steaks it left on my WHITE car. Now I am happy with Klasse, the streaks seem to of faded away and a coat of wax on top helped alot, it seems to be the problem with newbies using it and treating it like a bottle of wax and just DUMPing it on like I did. This leaves an uneven effect on the surface and what seems to be a haze/streaks that most can only see in the sunlight the next day as most dont apply Klasse in the sun (well people always grew up learning dont wash n wax in the sun) SO thats my theory anyway. Now I know when I Klasse not to leave any concentrated residue thats drying, remove most of it b4 it dries (but leave some Klasse on to cure ofcourse) then you wont many or any uneven effects and haze.

Post Thanks / Like
    That smeary presence of zaino is not a film, per say, but just the fact that the polish has not dried yet. When it is dry, it will buff off easy, and clean. That film is an indication that you used WAY too much polish, but if you wait long enough it will dry. You could always wipe it down the best you could and if it is still smearing around on the paint, wash the car with Z7 wash. This will level it out........

As for Z6, I never had a problem with accumulation. If it is cold or damp out, Z6 in the sun, it helps. Also, turn the towel frequenly and keep rubbing till the surface gets super slick. Also, remember that Z6 is very concentrated, and a little goes a long way. I have tried putting 2-3 coats of Z6 on the car at one time to see if their was a difference, and had no problems. Z6 has no oils or waxes in it, so you should never get any streaking or smearing when using it over zaino.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Why do some people always have to chime in and say they never have a problem with a certain product. Good for you. Happy for ya.

I think we need to hear from more people that are. Like me. My car hazes on the hood with carnauba or Klasse. I live in one of the highest humidity states in the nation, so I assume that is the problem. Now that it is winter and has been around 30-40, the air is dryer and after washing and QDing my vehicle there does not seem to be a haze. But in the summer forget about it. Nothing works. After a day the haze reappears. Acrylics, polymers, carnaubas, anything. It just happens. My car is black, so maybe the intense heat off of the hood causes this. Obviously, the sun gives off less heat in the winter way up here in the north, so maybe that is why the haze is no there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only used Zaino for 2 months but no hazing but ample shine, depth, and user satisfaction. Can not report on durability because car is never exposed to bad weather. There has been a decrease in the number of insects sticking to my paint since I started using Zaino. You might want to consider Zaino if you are trying to decide on a polymer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DK. Yes, I agree: as I mentioned in my post, I think that the "smeariness" (what a word) represents too thick an application. But, even with through drying, I notice that <em class=`bbc`>something [/i] is sometimes still on the surface, even after rubbing out the Z, using frequent changes of towel surface.

I popped out the lower outside panel on my passenger side front door (draggin it in the grass, attempting to close it). A couple mounting pieces broke. Even though it was my fault, my Lexus dealer said he would replace it. I told him, "when you get the part, don`t replace it. Give it to me. Once I have finished waxing it, I will give it back to you and you can install it." I figured I could put 10 coats of Z on a lot easier this way, than lying on my back AND I could avoid having the wash the panel -- or, probably worse -- the car.

So, I have this totally virginal panel. I just Dawned it in the shower, for the hell of it and have just put on one coat of Z1 and Z2. I am going to use this panel as a test subject, because the test conditions are very controlled: the panel is inside, does not get dirty, I can inspect it easily, under different lightly conditions, etc. One thing I will be looking for is this "smearing" phenomena and its possible causes. I should comment that whatever this sometimes smeariness is, it is NOT really a problem. I don`t think anyone notices except me, and now see it readily ONLY because my eye has now been trained to see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    thats an interesting panel thing u got going on there....sorry for the broken mounts..etc...but very cool dealer....i think you have a really unique situation there....depending on how long you`ll have it in your house til it has to get put back on....you could do all kinds of awesome experimments....inside you house.... ....lets see what happens while your putting on the 10 coats...with the smearing if any....keep us posted...

Post Thanks / Like
    The only time I ever saw anything like that, is when too much Z1 is used and it is a very humid day. Zaino is air cured, and hydrophobic (rejects water), so when it is humid the moisture lays on the surface and causes the drying time to increase. ZFX is supposed to help this, because it is a chemical accelerator...

I have noticed a film on a black car, but only after using Z1 under hi humidity conditions, and one wash with Z7 leveled it out fine.

Post Thanks / Like
    What is next! We have autopians showering with random virginal car parts now!!! :bounce

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most polyimerizations in the industry are catalized, but that makes it sound scary as I don`t want a full chemical process on the hood of my car They should make a KFX, right Floni

Post Thanks / Like
    polymers cure and crosslink. THey do this through different types of mechanisms...air cured, oxygen cured, moisture cured,etc,etc. This is widely dependant on temperature to control reaction rate. The catalyst hardly changes much, but allows quicker curing with higher yields........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information