Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Formerly known as Troy@DetailCity

Actually there is a 3.5.7
    I am using it and the site still looks fine on my computer.

Post Thanks / Like

This became available today. I did a check this morning and it said no updates available on 3.5.6.

From mozilla.org: v.3.5.7, released January 5th, 2010
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Yup, you are correct. Now updated.

I`ve tried the site at every resolution my monitor will kick out from 800x600 to 1920x1080 and I haven`t been able to get it to squash anything. I`ve tried it on 32 bit Vista and 64 bit Vista as well as whatever version of 7 my tablet is running. I still can`t get it to squash text. I don`t know what the bug is, but if it can`t be replicated then it is going to be hard to fix. I was hoping I could figure out what setting could be causing it, but I think I`m going to have to give up on it. If more people give you feedback that it is doing this, then my advice would be to gather as much information about the machine they are running it on as possible including OS, browser & version, and screen resolution. I`d be interested to know what you find to be the issue if you are able to get it fixed. Bugs like this irritate me because they are so stinking hard to track down, so it is always nice when someone manages to slay one.

Post Thanks / Like

It`s interesting that on the 3 machines I`ve checked in my home, the problem exists on 2 separate browsers (Opera, FireFox) but on the remaining 2 installed browsers (Internet Explorer 8 and Google Chrome) it looks right.

Maybe it`s the way the browsers interact with AVG or another application.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

All is well on my end. Though on your Services page, I can only click on Detailing Services and Paint Correction. The other 4 are just there and do nothing. Maybe you haven`t finished them yet. But just stating what I noticed. Site looks good though. My Fiance is in Computer Science and is learning all the computer code stuff. (Stuff I have no clue about) She has offered to do a new website for me.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB View Post
    All is well on my end. Though on your Services page, I can only click on Detailing Services and Paint Correction. The other 4 are just there and do nothing. Maybe you haven`t finished them yet. But just stating what I noticed. Site looks good though. My Fiance is in Computer Science and is learning all the computer code stuff. (Stuff I have no clue about) She has offered to do a new website for me.
    Noticed the same thing. Nice looking site though Troy Do you think it generates additional business on its own?
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

Formerly TexasTB Tex Star Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Mr Clean, to answer that question about my website, I always ask the client how they heard of me. A lot of times they say they found me online and my website looked better than the rest in the area, and that was a factor in choosing me. So, websites are great in their own sense, they can do selling for you 24/7.
    "In the business world, the rearview mirror is always clearer than the windshield."

Post Thanks / Like

Tex, so do you have a feel of a percentage of new business that your website generates? Troy, how about you?
    "If you get to thinkin` you`re a person of some influence, try orderin` somebody else`s dog around."
    --Will Rogers

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Clean View Post
    Tex, so do you have a feel of a percentage of new business that your website generates? Troy, how about you?
    I get an average of 3-4 calls a week that I can tell come from the website. I don`t advertise anywhere else. It`s very cheap and pretty effective advertising.

There aren`t many guys in my area using the internet to get business. My site pops up number 1 with most relevant searches. I`m actually surprised I don`t get more calls. I`m hoping the redesign helps those numbers.

It blows the phone book away for me. Phone book callers are mainly price shoppers. People who call from the site are much more likely to use me and not waste my time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ArmstrongDetailing View Post
    I get an average of 3-4 calls a week that I can tell come from the website. I don`t advertise anywhere else. It`s very cheap and pretty effective advertising.

There aren`t many guys in my area using the internet to get business. My site pops up number 1 with most relevant searches. I`m actually surprised I don`t get more calls. I`m hoping the redesign helps those numbers.

It blows the phone book away for me. Phone book callers are mainly price shoppers. People who call from the site are much more likely to use me and not waste my time.
    Interesting observation and something worth considering by those considering entry into the business. FWIW, I use my cell phone so I`ve never even entertained a white/yellow pages ad.
    --Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t believe it is a requirement that your number has to be a land line to be listed in an advertisement in the yellow pages.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jngrbrdman View Post
    I don`t believe it is a requirement that your number has to be a land line to be listed in an advertisement in the yellow pages.
    In my case they make you pay the entire amount up front if you use a cell number. If it`s a number they can shut off if you don`t pay then they will put you on a payment plan.

Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried it with Opera and it looks fine. (and the last 4 services still don`t link anywhere.)

With an old version of Safari it also works.
    (Nice 50/50 shots!)

Edit: I also tried a version of Netscape and it worked there too.
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like

OK. I believe I corrected the problem. I actually went through and re-coded the whole website. It was a mess. I`m surprised it worked at all there was so much double information and unnecessary junk in it.

Had fun with it actually. Learned how to do CSS at an amatuer level anyhow.

How`s it look now GH?

I still have the headlight page and overspray page to do. Those links won`t work yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Member formerly known as troy@detailcity,

I like the web site. It is simple and to the point. On the services page, there is no link to overspray removal. It does change color with a mouse over.

You do not really seem to promote interior cleaning but obviously you mention the service in your packages?

Al
    The Need to Bead

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information