Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

newb with a question

My dad flies a guy out to do the detail on his car. The guys comes out twice a year and charges a lot to spend two weeks on my dads car. My car is pretty new but, not a tneth of what my dads car is worth. I asked about having the guy do my car and his price would be close to the same as my dads car. My dad has an Aston Martin and I drive WRX Sti. Why would he charge the same for a cheaper car? Is this right?

"Luck" Residue of design tuscarora dave's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: newb with a question

I would assume that it would be about the time involved in the detail and the quality of the work being done. I personally would not charge a certain rate to a guy that has a lot of money and an expensive car and then offer to reduce my rate just because the next car is worth less money. This is just my oppinion on the matter because I would do the same quality of work on both cars. TD

Post Thanks / Like

How Rude of me... Welcome to Detail City from Central PA, Stick around and read some of the threads here and you will get a good Idea of how much work it is to offer up high quality workmanship.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to DC.

As far as advice... I`m with Dave.

Post Thanks / Like

to "Tha Family"

As far as your Question

I charge the same amount per hour.It doesn`t matter if you a Pinto or a Lambo

Your Father sounds like My kinda Customer,This other guy...He is a Hack
    so tell Pops to Call Flash Gordon next time

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reply and the welcome! My dad drives his car only once a month or so. I don`t think my having to pay $5000 for a detail would mke sense on my car especially because it is my daily driver - only driver!

If "Hack" means the guy is not any good, I don`t know if that is the case. He comes to California a lot to do cars of the person who gave my dad is info. Don`t think he does a lot of cars but, he has done my dad`s and this other guys for a number of years now. I know he uses wax in a big ice cube looking thing that is suppose to be pretty expensive. I just don`t think that kind of detail is for my car and my kind of driving.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by tuscarora dave View Post
    I would assume that it would be about the time involved in the detail and the quality of the work being done. I personally would not charge a certain rate to a guy that has a lot of money and an expensive car and then offer to reduce my rate just because the next car is worth less money. This is just my oppinion on the matter because I would do the same quality of work on both cars. TD

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by stibadguy View Post
    Thanks for the reply and the welcome! My dad drives his car only once a month or so. I don`t think my having to pay $5000 for a detail would mke sense on my car especially because it is my daily driver - only driver!

If "Hack" means the guy is not any good, I don`t know if that is the case. He comes to California a lot to do cars of the person who gave my dad is info. Don`t think he does a lot of cars but, he has done my dad`s and this other guys for a number of years now. I know he uses wax in a big ice cube looking thing that is suppose to be pretty expensive. I just don`t think that kind of detail is for my car and my kind of driving.

Thanks again!
    I was joking about the other guy being a Hack

Why don`t you just hang around here for a little while,pick up some tips & do it yourself.

Another thing.....Just because something is Expensive doesn`t mean its the best

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again!
    I would think that $5000 would get your daily driver a very nice full paint job I`ll scrape some natty`s red into a plastic ice cube and proceed to the nearest airport with the rest of my gear and your father can secure my services for $2500.

Post Thanks / Like

5k!!!! your kidding, right?
    place up the street charges $125 for a complete detail.
    HORNICK AUTO SALES`SERVICES

bottom right hand corner. if i paid 5k for a detail service, it would be a lifetime contract!
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JK RUBICON View Post
    HORNICK AUTO SALESxSERVICES

bottom right hand corner. if i paid 5k for a detail service, it would be a lifetime contract!
    I`ll wash and wax your car for $125 too

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was kind of expensive, too. I didn`t believe he paid what he claimed does for wax. But, until I found it on the web and, sure enough, over $2500 for a jar of wax, WTF?? I didn`t believe wax could be so expensive!! I always just thought wax was wax?

Guess I need to hang around and learn
    Quote Originally Posted by JK RUBICON View Post
    HORNICK AUTO SALESxSERVICES

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was kind of expensive, too. I didn`t believe he paid what he claimed does for wax. But, until I found it on the web and, sure enough, over $2500 for a jar of wax, WTF?? I didn`t believe wax could be so expensive!! I always just thought wax was wax?

Guess I need to hang around and learn
    Yes hang around and Learn

And Teach.....Teach Me were to find People that will Pay Me that kinda Jack($$$)

What Web Site Sales $2,500 Wax?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by flash gordon View Post
    Yes hang around and Learn

And Teach.....Teach Me were to find People that will Pay Me that kinda Jack($$$)

What Web Site Sales $2,500 Wax?
    $2500 is nothing. Zymol and others have several waxes that are well beyond that. I`ve actually had my hands in their Royale wax ($5000). I don`t like waxing using only my hands, can`t stand the feeling left on my hands for the following 3 days. Their Solaris Wax is 30K, you read that right, $30,000 and is limited to 25 containers produced annually. Of course it could be that they can`t sell what they produce anyway.

ZYMOL SOLARIS
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GearHead_1 View Post
    $2500 is nothing. Zymol has several waxes that are well beyond that. Their Solaris Wax is 30K, you read that right, $30,000 and is limited to 25 containers produced annually. Of course it could be that they can`t sell what they produce anyway.

ZYMOL SOLARIS
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^^^

$30,000 for a Tub of Wax...>>>

Man I really do live in the wrong part of the Country, That is more than I plan on Spending on My next Car:

Post Thanks / Like

Never laid eyes on Solaris but I`m betting that the crystal pyramid container is just that, crystal.
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information