View Poll Results: How would you classify yourself as a detailer?

Voters
286. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1. Somewhat New Detailing Enthusiast

63 22.03%
  • 2. Long-time Detailing Enthusiast

84 29.37%
  • 3. Professional Detailer (fixed location)

37 12.94%
  • 4. Professional Mobile Detailer

34 11.89%
  • 5. Enthusiast With Plans to Become a Pro Detailer

48 16.78%
  • 6. Just Here to Pick-up a Few Tips

20 6.99%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    All About The Bling Bling TrueDetailer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How would you classify yourself as a detailer?

Quote Originally Posted by F.E.D View Post
    pro here, work with a new car dealer, detailing there trades.trying to branch out and go mobile.the demand from past clientel is to tempting.You got to love that....that is the best compliment you can get as a detailer

prodetailer:we use superior products out of lakeland, try the zap it stain remover and the slick finish wax.grrrrrrrrreat stuff
    i know who you`re talking about, haven`t seen him in my part of town in awile. Maybe i`ve just been to busy.

IOWA BOY
    Post Thanks / Like

I am a fixed location, parttime detailer on the side of farming. Would really like more business, how some people really interested in getting vehicles detailed. RANDAL

Post Thanks / Like

You left out "hack detailer". Now I don`t know what to vote for.
    "The trouble is that you think you have time." - Jack Kornfeld

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

^^^^ ^^^^

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
    I`ve detailed for $$ about five years but still consider myself an enthusiast in training.

This sums me up except you have a year or two on me RT.
    lol the check is in the mail for doing my home work.

I have learned so much in so little time that it often becomes confusing.
    Beercan

Post Thanks / Like

I guess I have to call myself a long time enthusiast detailer. It has only been recently that I got legitimate and started turning real profits with the business. Up till then it was just a few cars a week and basically just making money to pour back into buying products and maybe gas for the car. lol Now it is generating some bucks and I suppose I should consider myself semi-pro.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everyone. I`m a new guy. Not new to detailing though. My entry into detailing was kinda odd. I bought a car at a low-budget car dealer. I lost my job and went back to complain, because I was fired for absenteeism. Two of the days, were from waiting for the car loan to clear because the dealer told me it would be ready before it was. Actually the bank messed it up. I ended up working for that dealer. I was shown a really cheesy way of detailing, the guy was putting tire shine in the door jambs.
    I started looking for any sites I could find on detailing, and doing alot of hands on. I was shown how to buff from a body shop guy in 2000 or so. I stopped working for dealerships in 2004. I just started doing sidework again in 2006. I did two full cars last weekend and made over $200. I just applied for a dealership job and may start this week. I keep a little detailing kit in my trunk..glad to be here..Jeromie

Post Thanks / Like

Hi everybody. New to the site,not to detailing.Did mobile detailing for a long time.Thanks for being here

Post Thanks / Like

As a Somewhat New Detailing Enthusiast, I really like it here the way it is ,as long as information and tips are coming in from sponsors /pros like Steve , Troy ,and as long as the no nonsense,mater of fact- answers are given by people like gngrbrdman,Audi boy ,beemerboy,Charlie ,and other active members here(can`t remember all of the names)I am quite content.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m just an older fellow who likes to keep this cars in good shape. Can`t afford to keep buying new and must maintain what I already own. Problem is that I want them to look good.
    Little background...I have 90 Honda (269K), 99 Taurus (150K) and a 2000 Impala (148K). 2 of the cars look good, but the Honda is losing out to rust. I drive about 30K hiway miles a year and I expect my cars to last between 200K and 300K. I new the Honda could do it but I have my doubts as to the other 2 cars. Right now the Taurus and Impala are fine and I will try to keep them in good shap. Now thats why I am he in your fourm...to get all the help and advice that I can.

PS: I am now retired, 64 years old and have more time to keep these cars running. Thanks for all of your help.

a.k.a. Troy@DetailCity Troy@Protekt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to have you here Bob. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Troy

Post Thanks / Like

I would absolutely love to have as many professionals on here as possible, ive enjoyed detailing cars since i was young and am now in the startup phase of my own mobile detailing business! Although i feel that i am very capable in this business i am not so foolish as to think that i cant learn from others who have more time and experience than myself. I would also agree that manufacturers being on here to keep us all updated about new and better products would be most benificial. Thanks in advance to everyone for sharing ideas and tips with me .

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve been in the detailing as a business now for 10years, gone big time for the last 3 years working around the country at the international autoshows. A classified "detailer" would be someone who can and knows how to make a used vehicle appearance look greater than the persons who purchasing expectations, and a lot of that comes from working at dealerships, where you can learn a lot, plus theres seminars and comes back down to it where you have to learn yourself and always do better than last time...

Tampa, FL
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m exactly like jngrbrdman and would like to think I`m semi-pro. I`m the kid playing in the IHL just waiting for the call up to the NHL (just in time for the playoffs!).

Fixed location rotary user and have been very pleased with the quality of results I`ve developed in the past 1-2 years.

I thoroughly enjoy the pro`s input and many times seek certain names to see how they responded to certain posts - some of which are my questions. I also very much enjoy the roster of vendors that currently participate and like the way we all can go off topic and have some fun.

I don`t mind the vendors that sell everything because they offer more comprehensive info at times.
    Tampa, FL

Anything but Boring.... Fishpimp's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m a 3 about to bring someone on to do a 4. I will always be a number 2 as long as you more knowledgeable foggies hang around. I`m a young dog so I`m always game for new 6

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information