Post Thanks / Like

Looking for a needle in a haystack, can anyone help?

Looking for a lifelong dream car, 04-07 Subaru STI, under 5k original miles unmodified and in showroom condition. Maybe someone here has came across one or owns one and is willing to help me finally buy my trophy car!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Looking for a needle in a haystack, can anyone help?

You joined for that?
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Find most of the stuff I`m looking for on autotempest. One of my cars, my sister`s car, a few friends` cars.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve seen a silicate post on a different forum a while back… some weird bot or maybe just still looking.

Any car like that is gonna be 50k+ and end up on BAT. Maybe a flipper?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Not a flipper, just looking everywhere

Post Thanks / Like

Bump: Did the Original Poster, Monzared, EVER find his " trophy" 2004-2007 Subaru STI with so few miles (<5,000) on it?
    Inquiring minds want to know..or at least the nosy Captain Obvious does!!
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Not yet unfortunately

Post Thanks / Like

Monzared:
    Have you ever seen any STI`s at an auction from a collector, like those collector vehicles that show up on Barrett-Jackson`s or Mecum`s?
    I cannot remember ever seeing one, but you never know unless you ask those auction houses them to keep an eye out and contact you about one.

I would also let on-line car dealers like Carvana or Vroom know you are interested in finding one. They would be a more likely cheaper source than an auto auction house, but your criterion for an ultra low mileage (<5,000) vehicle of those vintage years (2004-2007) make it, as your topic title states, "a needle in a hay stack".
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure if Carvana or any of them do that, but good point there. I could inquire.

I have came across two.

Mecum 2022? Or 2021 I flew to FL to bid on a 2004 that an ATV dealer somehow had with 6500 miles. At the peak of the market it did 76 with fees. It was promising enough and I figured another would come about

A 700 mile car was offered to me by an employee of the deceased owner who got the car from the wife. It is brand new (literally legally new ) as it has never been registered and is on the original manufacturer origin certificate. Well that was lost, the owner mistakenly sent it to the dmv in the mail with the new owners paperwork to get a title issued. DMV claims they never received it despite a post office tracking # showing it was and court order documents demanded a title to be issued, I haven’t bought that because well - nobody will insure a 65k or more car that’s vin doesn’t populate and no MCO to prove it exists ….so still hunting

Biggest obstacle is being alert and watching classified websites. If one comes about that I want (I passed on a silver one years ago, rusty and ugly color but there aren’t many silvers so that’s ok) I would be sick if a dealer or flipper beat me to it. Last few years I’ve been staying up late and waking early to try and find one.

Thread Information