Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from New York

Hello All,

Im a 35 year hobbyist/professional detailer. I started this obsession back in high school while working in the paint shop of a body shop. Mixing paint, spraying and wet sanding cars. Moved on to maintaining a private collection that is constantly changing and growing. Joined to read and learn about new products and processes. I do some work for a gent that lists quite a few specialty cars on Bring A Trailer as well, I pick jobs that interest me. I look for unique cars that I know will benefit from what I can give them. Not a fulltime gig, but one that I always make time for. Always happy to chat about detailing and share my experiences.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greetings from New York

Welcome

Post Thanks / Like

Greetings and welcome!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from NJ!

Post Thanks / Like

Hi from the hot south.

Post Thanks / Like

BringADetailer (a.k.a. BAD?):
    Saw your FIRST post (Post #6 in Rotary… yes/no with todays abrasives, and other offerings?), so I assume you saw the Welcome center Tab and sub-title "New Autopians Introduce Yourself" after that, and that is what you are doing here.
    So "Welcome" from myself , the unabashed, self-proclaimed "Captain Obvious", the man who asks all the detailing-related questions everyone else is thinking, but are afraid to ask because no one wants to admit they do not know or are detailing-wise ignorant. OK, some (MOST, Captain Obvious!) of my questions are a "little personal" at times, and yes, they boarder on "unintelligent" as well and do, indeed, show my own detailing ignorance, BUT you do not know unless you ask. As a very good teacher told me, "There are no dumb questions; only those that are not asked"
    SO, you have been warned about the infamous "Captain Obvious" (me) and his sometimes "difficult" questions. "Inquiring minds want to know".

And thanks for posting! And like I said in answer to your first post in the above link thread, I think you have a wealth of detailing experience and information to share with us Autopians that we can all benefit from.

By the way, from your info above, please ask the owner of the fleet of vehicles that you detail and maintain for if he/she/they would not mind if you post pics of them as you detail them. I understand if they do not want that and would prefer to keep them private and confidential.

And yes, I am a Green Bay Packer football fan, living only a few blocks from the shadows of the "Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field" No, I do not have season tickets (at those ticket prices plus a one-time $2,100 franchise "user" fee, are you kidding?! ) nor do I own non-voting, no-dividend team stock shares available to the public to say I am a Packer football team owner.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    BringADetailer (a.k.a. BAD?):
    Saw your FIRST post (Post #6 in Rotary… yes/no with todays abrasives, and other offerings?), so I assume you saw the Welcome center Tab and sub-title "New Autopians Introduce Yourself" after that, and that is what you are doing here.
    So "Welcome" from myself , the unabashed, self-proclaimed "Captain Obvious", the man who asks all the detailing-related questions everyone else is thinking, but are afraid to ask because no one wants to admit they do not know or are detailing-wise ignorant. OK, some (MOST, Captain Obvious!) of my questions are a "little personal" at times, and yes, they boarder on "unintelligent" as well and do, indeed, show my own detailing ignorance, BUT you do not know unless you ask. As a very good teacher told me, "There are no dumb questions; only those that are not asked"
    SO, you have been warned about the infamous "Captain Obvious" (me) and his sometimes "difficult" questions. "Inquiring minds want to know".

And thanks for posting! And like I said in answer to your first post in the above link thread, I think you have a wealth of detailing experience and information to share with us Autopians that we can all benefit from.

By the way, from your info above, please ask the owner of the fleet of vehicles that you detail and maintain for if he/she/they would not mind if you post pics of them as you detail them. I understand if they do not want that and would prefer to keep them private and confidential.

And yes, I am a Green Bay Packer football fan, living only a few blocks from the shadows of the "Frozen Tundra of Lambeau Field" No, I do not have season tickets (at those ticket prices plus a one-time $2,100 franchise "user" fee, are you kidding?! ) nor do I own non-voting, no-dividend team stock shares available to the public to say I am a Packer football team owner.
    I thought BaD was easy to remember….

Thank you, That’s quite an intro! I hope to share both good and bad experiences and learn as well.

I have a few pics of interesting cars I’ve done, he is cool with posting. Going to do some next weekend, not sure what but 90% are Italian. Doing corrections and ceramic coatings. I’m doing a BMW Z8 for a Bring a Trailer dealer as well, going to be exhausted.

Spend the $2100. You can always make more money. Can’t replace a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Thread Information