Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 981 Cayman S

Post Thanks / Like

Re: 981 Cayman S

BP (Cayman) your post here should be fine as long as your not adding links. I ‘ve started plenty of threads about non Autopia products.

Long as your not schilling Esoteric wares you should be fine and I hope the moderators have seen that you exemplified what an Autopian should be.

I do hate you for your new job tho. 981 Cayman S981 Cayman S.

Happy for you, you absolutely deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Cayman - besides all the best wishes already conveyed, and which you so richly deserve, I always looked forward to and enjoyed your contributions on the detailing section of the `Vette forum. Are you bailing over there also? Say it isn`t so!
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Congrats 981 Cayman S (FKA BudgetPlan1) on the career and domicile living arrangement moves.
    I am kinda curious what you threw out in that 40-cubic yard dumpster from your old house because as the saying goes, "What is one man`s junk is another man`s treasure." My Dad would always add his corollaries to proverbs, cliches, and sayings and for this one he added "It becomes another man`s junk, anyway."
    I do hope that you will continue posting here as much as you have in the past. Hey, you`ve got the time: instead of driving for your long commute you can "blog" here. I REALLY like your thread topic that started as " I think I am done messing around with coatings", which I think is the longest surviving thread topic that has taken on a life of its own. (In the words of WWII German solder as portrayed by Arty Johnson on late 1960`s-early 1970`s comedy show Rowan and Martin`s Laugh In, "Interesting! Verrrry interesting!!")

That and posting your detailing and trip exploits with your Porsche Cayman S. Between you and Sizzle Chest I get both my detailing "fix" and Porsche "fix" from your posts AND you both get my nosy, detailers-want-to-know Captain Obvious questions concerning both subject matters.
    Here`s one:
    Did you divest yourself of any business interest in the pool company you worked for/managed/owned (not exactly sure what your association was(is) with that business entity)?

Wishing you and yours the best!!
    Thanks for the well-wishes! As for "The Purge" it pretty much held to the mantra "If we haven`t seen it or touched it in the last 6 months, in the dumpster it goes" which, well, the attic was greatest target of that (thank God we didn`t have a basement!). Our life-long friends came by to help and they would `reserve` anything they found useful Since we wanted to `start anew` aside from a bedroom set and a table or two, we put most of our existing furniture in the dumpster as well which, in hindsight, may have been a bit premature as after the dumpster went away, we were still living in the house for another 2 weeks...oops! Some pics from the purge:

The attic; i musta saved every box from everything I ever bought

981 Cayman S-attic1.jpeg

981 Cayman S-dumpster0.jpeg

981 Cayman S-dumpster1.jpeg

981 Cayman S-dumpster5.jpeg

981 Cayman S-dumpster6.jpeg

981 Cayman S-dumpster7.jpeg
    By the time it was over, the door was shut and we were tossing it over the top until it was to the brim. We were allotted 5 tons of stuff and I never heard back from `em so I guess we didn`t go over

Still left much to pack though...had new furniture delivered to house (not an easy deal to find new furniture these days that is in stock) so movers could bring it down and carry into new place

981 Cayman S-garageboxes.jpeg

981 Cayman S-houseboxes.jpeg

And finally the moving truck showed up and we packed that thing (OK, the movers did and that is definitely a skill considering how they got nearly everything in the truck). Of course, we unknowingly chose 8/21 as moving day which was the same weekend Ohio State University and many are colleges had their `move in weekend` so again, securing a mover was a bit tough but worked out in the end.
    981 Cayman S-movingtruck.jpeg

And when it came time for the cat to choose her transportation down to the new home, she went Porsche over Corvette:
    981 Cayman S-catcayman.jpeg

Kinda weird how this whole process was a 6-week deal from "Yeah, let`s do this" to moving into the condo in Columbus and many things just kinda fell into place. Just wandering around Columbus one weekend we kinda ran across where we ended up living, signed lease without actually seeing inside of it and it was perfect for us in the end. Found a 15x40 storage unit w/ electricity that was new and coming on line the week of us moving so that took care of of where we would store cars and house overflow. House sold in 3 days for asking price to the second person who looked at it so no PITA Open Houses/showing appointments to deal with...many things that coulda been a real issue to deal with just `happened themselves to a suitable resolution...`

As for the pool company, I was merely an employee there so nothing to do there except resign. Was a very good place to work, would have likely stayed until retirement and they were sad (so they said) that I was leaving but they realized I`m a car dork and this was too good to pass up. Still good relationship, talked to the owner this morning in fact. Set up a new e-mail for them to contact me with questions, will probably go back in late December to help them with doing physical inventory/reconciliation. They`ve been VERY good to me over the years so didn`t just wanna walk out the door and leave `em hanging.

Always happy to answer any questions I can about the new adventure and things that may be going on here!

Quote Originally Posted by Fishing View Post
    WOW sounds like a great adventure is heading your way, hope you have fun with it.
    Thanks, looking forward to lotsa learning!

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    BP (Cayman) your post here should be fine as long as your not adding links. I ‘ve started plenty of threads about non Autopia products.

Long as your not schilling Esoteric wares you should be fine and I hope the moderators have seen that you exemplified what an Autopian should be.

I do hate you for your new job tho. 981 Cayman S981 Cayman S.

Happy for you, you absolutely deserve it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks! It`s fin to see some product shipments come in, especially from folks like Polish Angel just knowing all the goodness that`s packed into that box!

Quote Originally Posted by E-Jag View Post
    Hey, Cayman - besides all the best wishes already conveyed, and which you so richly deserve, I always looked forward to and enjoyed your contributions on the detailing section of the `Vette forum. Are you bailing over there also? Say it isn`t so!
    Kind-sorta...not so much as budgetplan as they get really touchy over there about conflicts of interest (a rather suspicious bunch) but maintaining a presence over their is among my tasks so when ya see posts like this, that`d be me!

Premiere- A Day in the Life at ESOTERIC - SAT 9/4 at 12:00pm - CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion

Thanks to all for the well wishes, really means a lot and speaks to the quality of folks here on AUTOPIA!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 981 Cayman S-dumpster0.jpeg   981 Cayman S-dumpster1.jpeg   981 Cayman S-dumpster5.jpeg   981 Cayman S-dumpster6.jpeg   981 Cayman S-dumpster7.jpeg  

981 Cayman S-garageboxes.jpeg   981 Cayman S-houseboxes.jpeg   981 Cayman S-movingtruck.jpeg  

Post Thanks / Like

So how did your cat let you know she choose the Porsche over the Corvette for her mode of transportation to her new home??
    Oh yah, the cat said, "PRRRRRRR-SHH!" (Or perhaps the Corvette owner did not want cat hair in HER ride at all. I can relate.... Just sayin`!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    So how did your cat let you know she choose the Porsche over the Corvette for her mode of transportation to her new home??
    Oh yah, the cat said, "PRRRRRRR-SHH!" (Or perhaps the Corvette owner did not want cat hair in HER ride at all. I can relate.... Just sayin`!)
    A dog woulda jumped into any `ol car just happy to have a ride, cats are more discriminating and prefer fine German engineering to a mass produced domestic. 981 Cayman S

Actually, cats litter box fit perfectly in the frunk so kept `em together. Fine German engineering aside, cat DID NOT enjoy the ride, probably would rather walked. Cayman suspension is kinda firm.
    Likes dgage, Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks Lonnie thanked for this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information