While this username is not really a new user but rather a `re-invented` BudgetPlan1, some recent life changes have led me to retire the BudgetPlan1 username in the interest of any real or perceived objectivity/conflict of interest issues. I recently left my job at the Pool Company, sold my house and moved from Cleveland down to New Albany,OH to work with the folks at Esoteric Detail. Since they are a detailing products vendor, any posting I do could rightfully be seen as biased or self-promoting but since I still enjoy all the folks I`ve met here, if nobody finds it inappropriate I`d like to continue reading (but not contributing) to the forum under this new username. I sent a note to the Admins to `retire` the username BudgetPlan1 but have not yet heard back.

It was just something that `happened` (and rather quickly at that) as a result of my wanting to get out from under the burden of living in a 70 year old house in the forest...I just didn`t really enjoy that life anymore and given the recent housing market craziness, decided to `get while the getting was good`. Original plan was to sell and find a place closer to work at the pool company as the 80 mile daily freeway commute was wearing on me (and my cars); wanted to rent for a year, hope the housing market crashed and then buy a newer house close to the pool company, which I had planned to work at until retirement as it was really a uniquely great place to work. Life sometimes opens an unexpected door however, and when picking up the Cayman at Esoteric after the respray/PPF and coating project, I mentioned I was pondering selling my house. I had often joked that if they ever "...needed a 58-year old guy to sweep the floors, I was their man!" and the conversation sorta raised some possibilities if I was willing to move outta Cleveland.

Kinda went back and forth for a bit, tossing around some scenarios and one night wife and I looked at each other, decided the details were amenable, shrugged and said "Well, what the heck, should be a great adventure!".

5 weeks later, house had been listed and sold, 30 years of household crap had been purged (rented a 40-yard dumpster, filled it to the brim), the remainder loaded onto a moving truck and we moved into a condo in New Albany w a 1 year lease. I *really* enjoy living in a modern place w/ electrical outlets every 6 feet and a ton of closet space; what the heck, people in the late 1950`s didn`t need storage?

Anyway, I`m not working in the shop area, they have some really talented young folks for that (no need for this aging geriatric to get in the way) but rather client & product support, vendor relations, a bit of social media stuff, product development and research...stuff that keeps me far away from the $$$$ cars

Bummer that we can only keep 2 cars at condo (single floor, ranch-style condo w enclosed 2 car garage) and I`m not sure yet if I`m allowed to wash cars there (gonna give it a go and see if anyone calls and complains) so daily driving the Corvette and Cayman until temps drop when we`ll switch to the Honda`s for winter. I`m told Winters down here are mild enough w/ regards to a lot of snow that we could drive Vette and Cayman year round with temperature-appropriate tires....but likely won`t.

Big bonus for me is that I traded a daily 80 mile, round-trip freeway commute for a 5-mile round trip commute through some nice local roads. And no more getting up at 4:30am.

So I guess I really am "Done messing around with ceramic coatings..." in that thread but if no one finds it inappropriate would still enjoy keeping track of what folks are doing here as `981 Cayman S`.

Many thanks to all on Autopia, have learned so much here from so many great people, `tis the place I always turned to when I wanted REAl answers to my questions from REAL people.