Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I`m BACK....like a bad habit!

MiVor -
    So glad that you have your new again truck - it looks beautiful !! I wish I had one again..

I have been using Fluid Film in the Gray Spray Can from Lowes on everything; it is is so much better for spray applications on things that stay outside..

It comes out brown from the spray can and it is a form of Lanolin from Sheep Wool I assume, and when you think about it, when did you ever see a sheep with bad wool on it ?? That Lanolin is something else - and it`s free of silicone and teflon products..

The can says it instantly penetrates rust and stops it. It adheres to things and is not easily washed off..

I am sure the product you had applied to your new truck frame was a more advanced version and that is even better...

The excellent pics you took will be just perfect to bring to your day in Court if you decide to pursue this.. No doubt about the issue, it is there to see..

Good luck with all this, and I hope you guys are on the other end of all this C19 disaster and stay that way !
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Well the NYS Attorney General`s Bureau of Consumer Fraud and Protection did nothing to mediate other than send a copy of my complaint to ECP and receive ECP`s response...sticking to their guns that even though the damage occurred during the warranty period, since the claim was filed 2 days after the warranty period ended, they`re sorry but they will not honor the warranty. I`ve now filed a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General in the hopes they have more bite. I may end up having to file a lawsuit in small claims court and/or begin a social media firestorm against ECP AUTO ARMOR. But if you`re looking for paint/rust protection, it`s NOT AUTO ARMOR as it doesn`t work and they don`t back up their warranty!!!

footnote: I have since learned that ECP pays subcontractor installers so low that little, if any, prep work is typically done! It was also suggested that inside frame rails went untreated and outside spray may plug frame drain holes so the frame rusted inside out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MiVor View Post
    Well the NYS Attorney General`s Bureau of Consumer Fraud and Protection did nothing to mediate other than send a copy of my complaint to ECP and receive ECP`s response...sticking to their guns that even though the damage occurred during the warranty period, since the claim was filed 2 days after the warranty period ended, they`re sorry but they will not honor the warranty. I`ve now filed a complaint with the Illinois Attorney General in the hopes they have more bite. I may end up having to file a lawsuit in small claims court and/or begin a social media firestorm against ECP AUTO ARMOR. But if you`re looking for paint/rust protection, it`s NOT AUTO ARMOR as it doesn`t work and they don`t back up their warranty!!!

footnote: I have since learned that ECP pays subcontractor installers so low that little, if any, prep work is typically done! It was also suggested that inside frame rails went untreated and outside spray may plug frame drain holes so the frame rusted inside out.
    Wow, this is so unfortunate, but keep pursuing what you need to do and I hope you get the proper restitution.

Post Thanks / Like

The `rust` of the story (couldn`t resist) on the severe frame rust through on my 2013 Chevy Silverado...After not getting very far with complaints to the BBB, NYS Attorney General`s and Illinois Attorney General`s offices, I sent email to the President/CEO & VP/Operations Mgr, with copies to claim personnel. Today I got a check for $5,475.95 based on the original estimate. My actual cost for a new frame replacement was about $3k higher, but I consider it a win and I have cancelled the all out social media firestorm! :-)
    Likes Stokdgs, dgage, bob m liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

The `rust` of the story (couldn`t resist) on the severe frame rust through on my 2013 Chevy Silverado...After not getting very far with complaints to the BBB, NYS Attorney General`s and Illinois Attorney General`s offices, I sent email to the President/CEO & VP/Operations Mgr, with copies to claim personnel. Today I got a check for $5,475.95 based on the original estimate. My actual cost for a new frame replacement was about $3k higher, but I consider it a win and I have cancelled the all out social media firestorm! :-)
    Great news !!! Congrats !!!
    Amazing that all the "Attorneys people" = clueless..

I`m glad you went to the top of the Company and they responded..
    Great job !
    Dan F
    Likes bob m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The Garage that tore down and rebuilt my truck with the new frame applied the Fluid Film. They used the black and it looks really good.
    The shop may have done this already but look at your doors usually there are drains on the interior bottom of the door you will see 2 square holes that let water drain out. If you don’t see any signs that they sprayed you may want to do it yourself a can of fluid film is usually 9-10$ and it comes with the little straw to spray doing that area is something that helps with future rust sometime the water can’t drain completely and sits in there on trucks.

Post Thanks / Like

MiVor- Welcome back!

Gee, sorry to hear about the frame, but glad to hear you got it sorted out. Hope it *stays* that way!

Regarding the drainage holes in doors, some doors (e.g., the ones on my Crown Vic) are, inexplicably, sealed shut by the improper installation of the plastic sheeting they use behind the door panels. Gotta get in there to deal with it as just cutting drainage holes will still result in water sitting there.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    The shop may have done this already but look at your doors usually there are drains on the interior bottom of the door you will see 2 square holes that let water drain out. If you don’t see any signs that they sprayed you may want to do it yourself a can of fluid film is usually 9-10$ and it comes with the little straw to spray doing that area is something that helps with future rust sometime the water can’t drain completely and sits in there on trucks.
    I did that previously in the doors and rocker panels. As a matter of fact, I got the 18" flex tube that replaces the spray head. So there`s already fluid film in those areas...perhaps I`ll hit them again this summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Great news !!! Congrats !!!
    Amazing that all the "Attorneys people" = clueless..

I`m glad you went to the top of the Company and they responded..
    Great job !
    Dan F
    Well the BBB is merely a public forum for complaints and responses with no real teeth to do anything. The NYS Attorney General`s Bureau of Consumer Fraud and Protection acts only as a mediator requesting a response with NO BITE. I guess there needs to be many harmed parties before they`d take any legal action - they just advised me to seek a private attorney.
    Anyway, it`s over now and moving on with my NEW, old truck!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    MiVor -
    So glad that you have your new again truck - it looks beautiful !! I wish I had one again..

I have been using Fluid Film in the Gray Spray Can from Lowes on everything; it is is so much better for spray applications on things that stay outside..

It comes out brown from the spray can and it is a form of Lanolin from Sheep Wool I assume, and when you think about it, when did you ever see a sheep with bad wool on it ?? That Lanolin is something else - and it`s free of silicone and teflon products..

The can says it instantly penetrates rust and stops it. It adheres to things and is not easily washed off..

I am sure the product you had applied to your new truck frame was a more advanced version and that is even better...

The excellent pics you took will be just perfect to bring to your day in Court if you decide to pursue this.. No doubt about the issue, it is there to see..

Good luck with all this, and I hope you guys are on the other end of all this C19 disaster and stay that way !
    Dan F
    Actually I think what I had sprayed on is pretty much the same except in a 5g can and colored black...so it looks great on the frame, axles, and under body parts. The beauty of it is that Fluid Film (lanolin oil) permeates rust coated surfaces to seal and stop the rust...other paint like products just would not adhere without a LOT of prep. The downside is that it needs to be resprayed perhaps annually.
    2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT

Post Thanks / Like

The downside is that it needs to be resprayed perhaps annually.
    Hope that works out OK for you, I`d go nuts having to do it that often.

(FWIW, the Eastwood Black Heavy-Duty Anti-Rust works basically the same way, even over existing rust, and/but lasts indefinitely...many years IME.)
    Likes MiVor liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Hope that works out OK for you, I`d go nuts having to do it that often.

(FWIW, the Eastwood Black Heavy-Duty Anti-Rust works basically the same way, even over existing rust, and/but lasts indefinitely...many years IME.)
    I dunno, time will tell. The product you mention seems pretty similar so I`m uncertain if it would last many years, especially in harsher areas where winter ice melt products are used heavily. Perhaps the hill I live on doesn`t help. :-(
    2013 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT

Post Thanks / Like

I dunno, time will tell. The product you mention seems pretty similar so I`m uncertain if it would last many years, especially in harsher areas where winter ice melt products are used heavily. Perhaps the hill I live on doesn`t help. :-(
    FWIW, on mine it lasts for *years* of winter use (well over a decade easy), I`ve never had to redo it ever unless it got scraped off by something truly awful that`d take off paint/etc.

It`s at least semi-permanent, and I only add the "semi" since it can be removed (with lots of effort) using a solvent. It does *not* wash/wipe off, dries basically the same as paint. Guess that could be a *downside* for some applications as I don`t see how it can migrate/wick/etc. once it "cures"/dries/whatever it does.

Sorry if I`m belaboring the point It`s just that the stuff has been simply *wonderful* for me, 100% satisfactory in every regard.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information