Post Thanks / Like

Long time member

Been on here for years but lost passwords, etc. over the years and just didn’t renew until recently. Haven’t posted much but still browse regularly. Nice to see long term posters still here, yes you accumulator, lol. Is Scottwax still on-board, remember him from the past. Never lost my passion, my cars always kept well, just not a sideline business anymore, getting old. Newest car, denim blue MB.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Long time member-1548d1b9-480a-4ec2-b983-35d547a4665c.jpeg  
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs, lloydrm thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Long time member

Baker3232:
    Welcome back!
    To answer some of your questions; No, ScottWax no longer posts within this forum, but from others Autopians state he is on Facebook car-detailing "groups".
    Yes, Accumulator is still present in this forum and posting more than ever. (Somehow his post-count was over 80,000, but we attribute that to the Russian internet hacks OR perhaps a genetic clone of his derived from FinishKare FK1000P wax. Through a highly secretive process, FinshKare mixes Accumulator`s DNA into their wax, which explains its longevity.)

When did you first join this forum, guessed-i-mating, and what was your Autopia login name then, if you remember? Yes, a lot has changed within this forum, but so has vehicle-detailing.

Could we know a little more about your Mercedes-Benz, like model and year? We know the color, but was the color your choice or did the car just come with that color because it was the model and options you wanted or was such a good deal when you bought it? How do you keep it looking like it does, IE, what car-care products do you prefer to use?

(Oh ya, Baker3232, we forgot to warn you that Lonnie is also known as the self-deprecating "Captain Obvious", the man with a million questions. Good luck with that... you have been warned, now. So if he gets too personal with his questions, like "How did you come up with the login name of "Baker3232" or "Is there any significance to your login name?", don`t answer them!)
    GB detailer
    Likes Stokdgs, Vegas1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

e that to the Russian internet hacks OR perhaps a genetic clone of his derived from FinishKare FK1000P wax. Through a highly secretive process, FinshKare mixes Accumulator`s DNA into their wax, which explains its longevity.)

Wouldn’t that just make the FK old and crusty?
    Welcome back!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Baker3232- Welcome back! Somehow your username doesn`t ring a bell for me...was it Baker3232 before too?

Lonnie- Heh heh, that was good..guess I`m still making an impression!

yamabob- Heh *heh* *HEH*...both FK1000P and I still perform to spec even when old(er) and crusty. A little spritz of FK425 rejuvenates the former, and I`m just getting better with age

EDIT: I *knew* there was some reason for me to check this thread...I hardly ever hit up the New Autopians... subforum.

Post Thanks / Like

No doubt you are my unknown friend!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by yamabob View Post
    No doubt you are my unknown friend!!!!!
    Think "Wilson on Home Improvement"

I forget who called me that, but I simply *love* that particular compliment (or at least I *think* it`s a compliment).
    Likes bigltc liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would think it`s a compliment. I can picture you as Wilson easily too!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks all, can’t remember my original username, current car is 2019 MB A250, I did choose that color from a few available. Previously a 2016 A4, 2014 CLA250, 2009 G37x, 2006 A3. Use lots of products, from Menzerna, Finishcare, Blackfire, Collinite, Klasse, Pinnacle. Yes Accumulator, I do use FK1000p, lol. Currently has Menzerna FMJ as a topcoat, yes I know that’s old but I like the ease of use and the slickness. Also have several of Jeff’s Werkstat products, to bad they have disappeared.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Baker3232- Hey, nothing wrong with using good older stuff...still works great just like it always did

How is that Denim Blue to live with? Just wondering as some darker blues can be just as challenging as black!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Baker3232- Hey, nothing wrong with using good older stuff...still works great just like it always did

How is that Denim Blue to live with? Just wondering as some darker blues can be just as challenging as black!
    Not at all bad, seems to quite hard paint, course I am a bit compulsive. I find it to be a fairly unique color, there are a lot of blue shades out there, this is one of my favourites.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Long time member-454bbbe7-5714-4b50-a950-a737fecef8f7.jpeg  

Post Thanks / Like

Baker3232- Ah, good, that all sounds great, including the "quite hard" part.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Baker3232!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Thread Information