Post Thanks / Like

Greetings from Quarantine

Greetings from quarantine!

1. How did you wind up at Autopia?

- Honestly, I moved in with my gf and she discovered how much detailing gear it has to go . I`ve been a member of AG for a bit and they pointed me here for the trade forum.

2. What do you like most about detailing?

- Seeing incremental improvements in the vehicle`s appearance with each step. I`m a scientist so I`ve spent months (even years) working on projects just for them to fall apart at the very end, so I like being able to see the immediate effects of my work from time to time.

3. What are your favorite products/processes and why?

- That list would be way too long, instead I`ll list the 4 products that changed how I detailed the most.

1.) Poor Boys World Enzyme Cleaner - Hands down the best enzyme spray I`ve used, knocked out 2 week old spoiled milk spill like it was nothing.
    2.) Griots Garage Fast Correcting Cream - Great defect removal and incredibly easy to work with.
    3.) WoollyWormit Wheel Brush - Makes getting the lugs and barrels clean so much easier and faster.
    4.) GG PFM - The most effective drying towel I`ve ever owned.

4. What`s your dream car and why?

- 953 Dakar.

5. What`s the best thing you learned on Autopia?

- I`ve linked to this site so much in answering help threads on other websites I couldn`t tell you.

6. What are some of your other hobbies and interests?

- Motorcycles, dogs, backpacking, brains.

8. Name three secret techniques that you think you should share to fellow Autopians.

- No one seems to clay their rims anymore, I do that the night before.

9. Where are you from and where do you live now?

- Current South Carolina

11. What motivates you to detail?

- Pride.

12. Would you ever pay someone else to detail your car?

- Yes, if it was something that I could not do myself (e.g., didn`t have the tools or experience necessary).

14. What is your favorite part about detailing?

- The finished product.

15. If detailing is a hobby for you, would you like to do it full time, or do you feel that it would take the fun out of it?

- It would take the fun out of it. I detail on the side a bit here and there, and people never seem to appreciate how much work and effort goes into it.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greetings from Quarantine

Welcome, ERP from Quarantine !
    Hope and pray that you and yours will be all well..

Thanks for your great bio !

This place is really great to be a part of..

Totally agree with how much work and effort it takes to really Detail out a vehicle.. I have always thought of it as a Labor of Love..

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ERP View Post
    Greetings from quarantine!

I`ve been a member of AG for a bit and they pointed me here for the trade forum.
    Welcome to the Dark side.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome.....in case you`re wondering...there`s no turning back now....the fail safe point is in your rear view mirror

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tc99m View Post
    Welcome to the Dark side.

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Welcome, ERP from Quarantine !
    Hope and pray that you and yours will be all well..

Thanks for your great bio !

This place is really great to be a part of..

Totally agree with how much work and effort it takes to really Detail out a vehicle.. I have always thought of it as a Labor of Love..

Dan F
    Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Welcome.....in case you`re wondering...there`s no turning back now....the fail safe point is in your rear view mirror
    Such a warm and unsettling welcome, looks like I`m in the right place!
    Likes Stokdgs, Tc99m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome ERP,
    During "quarantine" my wife and I ride our "trikes" (not your Grandma`s trike) around 20+ miles a day in the beautiful AZ sun. My neighbors Escalade will get hit with my Flex in the next day or so. The other neighbors cars are in need of some love. Another C7 owner down the street would love to have me wash and wax her C7. So I have plenty to do in addition to my Honey-do list ...painting a few things.

Greetings from Quarantine-ju-trike.jpg
    Likes ERP liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Geeze! Your "introduction" sounds more like resume/questionnaire application for membership into this forum.
    When I saw "953 Dakar" as your favorite car (as in Porsche 953 Dakar rally car) I said, "He`s in!" (this judgement coming from a "prejudiced" Porsche aficionado)

Anyway welcome.
    I make some poor assumptions with the word "quarantine" meaning like you already have symptoms of CoVID2, when in fact you may just be doing your civic duty by "quarantining" and protecting the general public at large until you know for sure if you are infected. As much as I "dislike" (AKA REALLY hate) this social distancing and our Wisconsin mandated "Stay-at-home" order, total isolation from anyone is about the best way to protect yourself during this pandemic. (Then the American public wonder WHY individuals hoarded enough toilet paper for 2 months! Don`t have ANY food, but I got toilet paper (and bullets and alcoholic beverages of choice!))
    GB detailer
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Geeze! Your "introduction" sounds more like resume/questionnaire application for membership into this forum.
    When I saw "953 Dakar" as your favorite car (as in Porsche 953 Dakar rally car) I said, "He`s in!" (this judgement coming from a "prejudiced" Porsche aficionado)

Anyway welcome.
    I make some poor assumptions with the word "quarantine" meaning like you already have symptoms of CoVID2, when in fact you may just be doing your civic duty by "quarantining" and protecting the general public at large until you know for sure if you are infected. As much as I "dislike" (AKA REALLY hate) this social distancing and our Wisconsin mandated "Stay-at-home" order, total isolation from anyone is about the best way to protect yourself during this pandemic. (Then the American public wonder WHY individuals hoarded enough toilet paper for 2 months! Don`t have ANY food, but I got toilet paper (and bullets and alcoholic beverages of choice!))
    My writing style is pretty cold and mechanical, comes from years of reading and writing journal articles.
    The 953 is brilliant. I`ll never own one, but if Porsche ever comes out with a Rally experience I`ll be first in line.

My choice of words could have been better, I`m hopefully not infected, although the incubation period can be up to 28 days so who knows. I`m currently in a shelter in place order at my apartment complex. I`ve got a stack of research articles I`m pushing through in prep for a fellowship position that supposedly starts in July but again who knows at this point.

All our stores in SC have been out of 223, toilet paper, bleach, and Lysol for 2-3 weeks now. There`s still food on the shelves though! Hopefully the virus is seasonal like the flu and transmission rate drops during the summer, otherwise we are in for a ride...
    Just because I`m stupider than them they think they`re smarter than me!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ERP View Post
    My writing style is pretty cold and mechanical, comes from years of reading and writing journal articles.
    The 953 is brilliant. I`ll never own one, but if Porsche ever comes out with a Rally experience I`ll be first in line.

My choice of words could have been better, I`m hopefully not infected, although the incubation period can be up to 28 days so who knows. I`m currently in a shelter in place order at my apartment complex. I`ve got a stack of research articles I`m pushing through in prep for a fellowship position that supposedly starts in July but again who knows at this point.

All our stores in SC have been out of 223, toilet paper, bleach, and Lysol for 2-3 weeks now. There`s still food on the shelves though! Hopefully the virus is seasonal like the flu and transmission rate drops during the summer, otherwise we are in for a ride...

And have another peak in the fall, right?

Thread Information