Post Thanks / Like

My intro. Hi everyone. Looking FWD to this forum.

Hi,

I just registered for this forum and wanted to introduce myself.

I am the owner of a beautiful 90 300zx w. 99,000 miles ( Diamond pearl black ). Purchased it in ‘93.
    And like any teenager when they get a car you become obssesed with keeping it look gorgeous.
    This I when I got bit by “the bug”.

@ that time car forums were unheard of ( back I the dial up days of AOL ) but I joined twinturbo.com @ the time. A forum dedicated to 300zx ( Z32 ) enthusiasts.

Long story short…..

Back then this was my system.
    1. Wash. ** Always with sheepskin mit. Never used a gum, pressure washer or anything. Always just let the water run out of the faucet.
    2. Dried with a synthetic chamois. They work awesome. But I’ve read they are bad to use? Huh..?
    3. Cleaned the paint Meguairs step 1 paint cleaner. Done by hand and never used a orbital polisher.
    4. Polished with Eagle One “Wet” look polish. This stuff was awesome. Smelled great too. For those of you that might remember it had the red 911/959 on the cover.
    5. Waxed with Eagle One “Wet” look wax.
    6. Tires cleaned with Wesleys tire bleach cleaner and dressed with Eagle One “Wet” look tire dressing.

I used to do this system back then 2x a year. The car looked absolutely beautiful. Probaly better then it did when it came of the truck. But man was doing this a long… process. Sometimes it took me a weekend. But the results were worth it.

Anyways it’s been close to 20 years since I’ve really got into detailing.
    My DD is a 90’s Accord with just under 400,000 miles! No kidding. Car has had no major issues…. Ever! Replaced timing belt, water pump and exhaust once back in 2002. Those were the major repairs.
    I just have to say that what they say about Honda Accords is legit! I can’t speak for the new ones but mine is a tank. Until recently… Shes getting a gas leak somewhere in the rear I’ve never taken car of the car. I never cared to. I rarely washed it. Never detailed or waxed it. I’ve driven 100+ miles with the oil light on multiple times. As a matter of fact I just changed the oil last week. The last time was mid July. When I drained the oil I got about 1.5 C out of pure black molasses thick oil. I just chuckled because this thing amazes me. I’ve been @ the point for a long time that I’ve become emotionally invested in this car. ( I took it to prom back in the 90’s ). Emotionally invested in the fact that I’m impressed @ how I care for this car and it just WONT die! But with the gasoline leak I’ve come to terms and accepted it has to go. I filled the tank full yesterday. And in 1 day my tank has gone thru 1/3 of a full tank. Yikes!!!!

So I just purchased a ‘15 Avalon Hybrid. Now this car I WILL take care of like my baby ( The 300zx ).
    Beautiful Blizzard Pearl white. Black leather. WOW!!!

As much as I love my Black Z. I absolutely HATE how fast black shows dirt etc…. And I’m not 1 to go to car washes and don’t have the time to wash @ home. So I got white on the Avalon.

This is me and my introduction. Probally a long winded and pointless post but I will be asking a lot ( probaly a ton ) of questions about detailing. It’s been so long for me it looks like the game has changed tremendously.

Thanks for reading

,,,,onto my 1st real post….

My intro. Hi everyone.  Looking FWD to this forum.-zspeed.jpg This is an OLD photo. I`ve ditched the decals and now have the chrome rims. Will try and find some recent pics.

My intro. Hi everyone.  Looking FWD to this forum.-avalon.jpg Not my car
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My intro. Hi everyone.  Looking FWD to this forum.-zspeed.jpg   My intro. Hi everyone.  Looking FWD to this forum.-avalon.jpg  
    Likes SWETM, fries liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: My intro. Hi everyone. Looking FWD to this forum.

Welcome to the forum!

The 300ZX is rare now days. And a cool car.

/ Tony

Post Thanks / Like

I test drove an Avalon, beautiful car ! All luxury !

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Spice&Wood83 View Post
    Hi,

I just registered for this forum and wanted to introduce myself.

I am the owner of a beautiful 90 300zx w. 99,000 miles ( Diamond pearl black ). Purchased it in ‘93.
    And like any teenager when they get a car you become obssesed with keeping it look gorgeous.
    This I when I got bit by “the bug”.

@ that time car forums were unheard of ( back I the dial up days of AOL ) but I joined twinturbo.com @ the time. A forum dedicated to 300zx ( Z32 ) enthusiasts.

Long story short…..

Back then this was my system.
    1. Wash. ** Always with sheepskin mit. Never used a gum, pressure washer or anything. Always just let the water run out of the faucet.
    2. Dried with a synthetic chamois. They work awesome. But I’ve read they are bad to use? Huh..?
    3. Cleaned the paint Meguairs step 1 paint cleaner. Done by hand and never used a orbital polisher.
    4. Polished with Eagle One “Wet” look polish. This stuff was awesome. Smelled great too. For those of you that might remember it had the red 911/959 on the cover.
    5. Waxed with Eagle One “Wet” look wax.
    6. Tires cleaned with Wesleys tire bleach cleaner and dressed with Eagle One “Wet” look tire dressing.

I used to do this system back then 2x a year. The car looked absolutely beautiful. Probaly better then it did when it came of the truck. But man was doing this a long… process. Sometimes it took me a weekend. But the results were worth it.

Anyways it’s been close to 20 years since I’ve really got into detailing.
    My DD is a 90’s Accord with just under 400,000 miles! No kidding. Car has had no major issues…. Ever! Replaced timing belt, water pump and exhaust once back in 2002. Those were the major repairs.
    I just have to say that what they say about Honda Accords is legit! I can’t speak for the new ones but mine is a tank. Until recently… Shes getting a gas leak somewhere in the rear I’ve never taken car of the car. I never cared to. I rarely washed it. Never detailed or waxed it. I’ve driven 100+ miles with the oil light on multiple times. As a matter of fact I just changed the oil last week. The last time was mid July. When I drained the oil I got about 1.5 C out of pure black molasses thick oil. I just chuckled because this thing amazes me. I’ve been @ the point for a long time that I’ve become emotionally invested in this car. ( I took it to prom back in the 90’s ). Emotionally invested in the fact that I’m impressed @ how I care for this car and it just WONT die! But with the gasoline leak I’ve come to terms and accepted it has to go. I filled the tank full yesterday. And in 1 day my tank has gone thru 1/3 of a full tank. Yikes!!!!

So I just purchased a ‘15 Avalon Hybrid. Now this car I WILL take care of like my baby ( The 300zx ).
    Beautiful Blizzard Pearl white. Black leather. WOW!!!

As much as I love my Black Z. I absolutely HATE how fast black shows dirt etc…. And I’m not 1 to go to car washes and don’t have the time to wash @ home. So I got white on the Avalon.

This is me and my introduction. Probally a long winded and pointless post but I will be asking a lot ( probaly a ton ) of questions about detailing. It’s been so long for me it looks like the game has changed tremendously.

Thanks for reading

,,,,onto my 1st real post….

My intro. Hi everyone.  Looking FWD to this forum.-zspeed.jpg This is an OLD photo. I`ve ditched the decals and now have the chrome rims. Will try and find some recent pics.

My intro. Hi everyone.  Looking FWD to this forum.-avalon.jpg Not my car
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum.
    I am sorry you own a black car. (smiley face).
    Lots of nice helpful people here that will answer questions and give pro advice.
    Brad
    Scottsdale AZ
    Likes Mary B liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum...

Post Thanks / Like

Front wheel drive?

Jk, welcome!

Thread Information