As you can see, I`m not exactly new here. I joined years ago when I owned a "nice" sports car. It was a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5 RS, probably the best looking car Subaru ever built. I`ll attach a picture when I`m home and have a chance. Being in my early 20`s and effectively single, I had plenty of time on my hands to do some detailing (by hand, mind you). I came here looking for some info on the best waxes and sealants available at the time. I settled on the original Blackfire 2 stage system, which looked great but was rather time consuming.

Eventually, life went on and I had to get a new car after that one spun a bearing. It was a base Subaru Outback. It was the nicest car I ever owned up to that point, but I simply didn`t have the time or motivation to keep it detailed like my last car. In the 11 years I owned it, I probably washed it twice a year and clayed it 3 times overall. I kept the interior pretty clean, though. I almost never came here during that time.

Now that I traded in that car for a well-equipped new Outback and I`ve reached middle age with a young family, I came back looking for ways to spend money on products I probably will never have time to use. Bottom line, this car is nice and I want to keep it that way. But I`m not spending $200+ on another power tool I`ll never use, and my options are limited since I have no garage and almost no shade to work in. That being said, I just spent $100 on products and accessories that aren`t even marketed to guys like me, and I won`t even get a chance to try them out until the weather gets better (at least 6 weeks from now). I see all you guys with your shelves full of fancy products, piles of plush microfiber towels you treat as disposable, and expensive polishers in your garages bigger than my whole house and wonder what I`m doing here. I really have nothing to contribute. Where does a guy like me fit in? I mean, I really enjoy the "before and after" threads of mainstream production cars, but it seems that anyone here is pretty much expected to have a machine polisher and a controlled environment in which to work. Do I have a place here or did I let my mind wander too much on a slow work day (again)?