Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Colorado!

Hello everyone, after browsing these forums over the past couple months I finally signed up and wanted to introduce myself! I`m a complete car nut, certifiable even...I`ve spent more money on cars in my life than anything else (with one possible exception being my mortgage, but it would be a close call!). I`ve always loved keeping my vehicles clean, and my perfectionist tendencies have really kicked into overdrive this year.

I worked for a major auto manufacturer doing sales for just shy of 5 years before resigning in April, and I decided it was time for me to be my own boss. As I considered my options, I ultimately decided that my passion for cars (and motorcycles) along with my obsession with detailing vehicles for myself, family, and friends would be a route worth pursuing as a business venture. I bought a new car and immediately started researching how to protect it from the elements here in CO, and that`s when I started to dive into the rabbit hole of coatings...I ended up deciding to have PPF installed on the whole front end and sideskirts, and to continue researching coatings as I wanted to apply it myself. From there, I began studying up on paint correction, bought a GG6, and spent a week in California taking classes to further my education and advance my skills.

Upon returning, I started working on the business side of things and bought a domain, worked with a designer to create my logo, and set up a business FB and Instagram page. Currently studying SEO and marketing so that I can kick that component into overdrive next. I also took on my most challenging project thus far (a heavily neglected 2002 VW Golf, I`ll try to get some pics up in the appropriate place), and I`m about to start with my first coatings (I`ve got a set of freshly powdercoated wheels anxiously waiting).

I have to give a HUGE shout-out to both Budget and Richy for being a wealth of knowledge, their posts were a big part of how I ended up here. Thanks for taking the time to read all this, I`m excited to be part of such an awesome online community!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello from Colorado!

Welcome to the forum! Where are you based out of in Colorado? I`m in North Denver.
    Reflective Impressions
    www.instagram.com/reflectiveimpressions
    Authorized Feynlab Installer
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`m located in Fort Collins, at least through the winter...I haven`t decided if I`ll stick here, end up somewhere in (or closer to) Denver, or if I may opt to go back to AZ as I own a home there and still have family in Phoenix, too. So far I am enjoying the area, I`ve wanted to live in Colorado for a long time, I`m just undecided on whether or not it`s the best location for business. I`ve been lurking on the forums for a minute and checked out your IG the other day, I love that blue ISF you worked on!
    Likes Stokdgs, ShakingHorizons liked this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

ExplicitDetail -

Welcome to the best, most well-rounded, and experienced Forum out there..

Everyone from the Owner and especially the Administrators are top notch, very generous and supportive..

Sounds like you are in a great place to be able to make and work out all the processes to follow your dream job..
    It has to be a labor of love (as it is for me), to be the thing that you look forward to doing every day.

There is a lot of hard physical work involved, but the results are always going to be so rewarding.

Having Detailed more German vehicles than anything else, I can say that all German Paint is really great quality and stunning when Detailed correctly..
    You are about to have the most fun of your life !

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree, I`ve spent a lot of times on hundreds of forums over the years, ranging from car-specific forums (NASIOC, TBSSOwners, etc) to ice hockey goalie-specific forums (goaliestore.com) and more, but I`m genuinely impressed by the people here!

One of my favorite colors is BMW`s Techno Violet, I remember obsessing over it on the M3 in the late 90`s...I`d love to come across one that needs some attention.

Post Thanks / Like

And on another note, I decided to set-up a YouTube channel tonight as well, I tried posting a video here:

Explicit Detail - project:golf Recap Video

But couldn`t quite seem to get the YouTube tags to work despite reading the instructions and making several attempts...

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ExplicitDetail View Post
    I`m located in Fort Collins, at least through the winter...I haven`t decided if I`ll stick here, end up somewhere in (or closer to) Denver, or if I may opt to go back to AZ as I own a home there and still have family in Phoenix, too. So far I am enjoying the area, I`ve wanted to live in Colorado for a long time, I`m just undecided on whether or not it`s the best location for business. I`ve been lurking on the forums for a minute and checked out your IG the other day, I love that blue ISF you worked on!
    If you ever want to pair up with the best paintless dent repair Colorado has to offer, let me know. I used to work with him when I lived up north and I still refer people to him.

That blue ISF is something of beauty - if only he would stay out of the automatic car washes!
    Reflective Impressions
    www.instagram.com/reflectiveimpressions
    Authorized Feynlab Installer

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! May all of your car questions find answers here!

Post Thanks / Like

Lived in Ft Collins(Horsetooth) for about 15 years. Still go visit at least once a year. Do you have a shop yet? If so, where is it located?
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Jay, I went mountain biking on some trails near the reservoir a couple weeks ago, loved it! I don`t have a physical shop yet, I`m currently searching real estate but haven`t had much luck yet. Thinking about trying to find a tint or vinyl wrap professional so we can share a space and split rent as a possibility...I don`t have enough of a consistent customer base to warrant a spot entirely on my own just yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Some really active car clubs up there, especially the Vette club. May try to hook up with some of them. Last time I was there there were a couple empty old gas stations on North College. Also maybe something on 287 going toward Loveland.
    Jay
    Likes ExplicitDetail liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

hi
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Howdy!
    A society willing to trade liberty for temporary security deserves neither and will lose both
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys! Thanks for the wlecome posts, I just added another short video if you want to check it out...

Explicit Detail - powder + ceramic coated wheels swap

Thread Information