Post Thanks / Like

Hello From Jersey!

Hi All!

Excited to be back around these forums! I have an audi A4 avant (wagon) that doesn`t get much drive time (40k miles roughly) but gets a lot of love when it comes to cleaning. I`m looking forward to learning from you all and em eager to finally start working with machines. Up until now I`ve done everything by hand but haven`t been brave enough to take the next step.

This past weekend, I was at a buddy`s house and he set his sprinkler (with well water) to cover my car. I didn`t realize this until later in the afternoon after it had baked in.... You guessed it, I have water spots now. I tried going at them by hand with a simple wash, clay, wax routine but that didn`t quite get them. I`m thinking i`m going to have to find a real detailer for this in Jersey and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations (I`m in the Princeton area). I was also wondering about price.... I`ve reached out to two different detailers and got quotes of 185 and 1,350.... thanks in advance for all your help and insight!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hello From Jersey!

Welcome. Machines are great! They make life easier, and allows for more time to be spent...well, more cleaning, polishing, etc.

Good luck with the search

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, I just moved outta jersey!

I know a guy in flemington and one in west long branch can help you out.

Distictive Detailing and Finer details

Post Thanks / Like

save yourself a lot of money and invest in a good da polisher set up. you can do it, it`s not rocket science. mike phillips has excellent instructional dvds that can put your fears at ease. give ray or paul a call at autopia car care and they can point you in the right direction. you`ll be glad you did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    save yourself a lot of money and invest in a good da polisher set up. you can do it, it`s not rocket science. mike phillips has excellent instructional dvds that can put your fears at ease. give ray or paul a call at autopia car care and they can point you in the right direction. you`ll be glad you did.
    what he said...I`d help you out if you were closer...I`m down by Atlantic City

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tropicsteve View Post
    If you have the time and energy to learn this is a way cheaper and more fun route to go. There is a wealth of info on the forums. I got started on here like a lot have.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to Autopia !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Legacykid View Post
    If you have the time and energy to learn this is a way cheaper and more fun route to go. There is a wealth of info on the forums. I got started on here like a lot have.

Hi guys! Thanks for all the support and responses. I am eager to do this stuff myself but worry a bit about gumming it all up and eating through my paint if I go with machines. Up until this point I`ve done everything by hand and been pretty satisfied with the results. My experience is definitely basic, however, with rubbing compound being the most abrasive thing I`m willing to try thus far. I also worry about where I work. I don`t have a garage and, if I`m going to spend a bunch of time on this car I feel like I would need to do it inside so as not to invite more contaminants/heat.... For all these reasons I looked into getting it professionally detailed. I was amazed to get quotes from $200 to well over $1000 though. I`m not sure why, but I figured a good detailing with some light scratch remover would be no more than 5 or 7 hundred dollars. my mistake!

I will see what I can do, though, and plan on washing, claying, scratch X`ing my hood and roof before the weekend. Fingers crossed it works out!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome !!

Al
    The Need to Bead

Post Thanks / Like

I`m located in Deptford, about 50 min or so from you.
    Why don`t you post some photos.
    I bet if you get yourself a polisher you`ll understand how easy it can be.
    I`ve got va Rupes 21,15 and mini. Was Just as worried as you are on burning paint.
    I only did everything by hand too.
    Those water spots will probably come right off.

Thread Information