Post Thanks / Like

Greeting from Southern California (SGV)

Hello Autopians,

My name is Mitch and I live in San Gabriel Valley which is an area in southern California. I have two white cars, 2012 Toyota Camry super white and 2013 Lexus RX 350 starfire pearl that I need to take better care of.
    I

Initially, I was going to take the car to a detailing shop and have them detail and clean the cars. But after reading through this forum, I have decided to take on the challenge and try to do the job myself.

Below are the products that I own, definitely shows what a newbie I really Am

Are there any benefits in using waterless or rinse=less wash over the conventional water wash other than conserving water?
    what are the preferred water wash soap?

1) What are some recommendations for?
    water wash soap?
    waterless (UWW)?
    Rinse-less (ONR)?

2) Is there a step prior to claying? (iron-X)?

3) Claying - I have mothers gold clay bar but would like to use something that will produce better result. any recommendations? Gliptone Body Bar Spray and Clay System?

4) Polishing
    I do not have an OB so I need to purchase one. Any suggestion? Grio`s vs PC?
    Any recommendations on the polishing compound? Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish or Glaze AIO or menzerna products?

5) Sealant - I have Collonite Insulator wax 845. I have read that Collonite Insulator wax 845 is more of a sealant than wax. Autopians agree or disagree?
    any recommendations here? FK1000P?

6) Wax
    any recommendations? Blackfire Midnight Sun Batch #25 Carnauba Paste?

7) Windows
    any recommendations? Optimum Gloss-Coat Paint Coating?

8) Wheels - any recommendations? Sonax wheel cleaner or Polish Angel?

9) Leather - any recommendations? Polish Angel? DP Leather Cleaner and conditioner?

10) Fabric - any recommendations?

Microfiber towels?
    Brushes?
    mitten?

I know I still have a lot of homework to do.

appreciate all the help and fountain of knowledge from the people of Autopia.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Greeting from Southern California (SGV)-12cy_xle_spr_white_d_profile_743x235.png   Greeting from Southern California (SGV)-cc_2015lex012a_640_077.jpg   Greeting from Southern California (SGV)-armor-complete-car-care-kit.png   Greeting from Southern California (SGV)-meguiars-gold-class-car-care-kit.png   Greeting from Southern California (SGV)-meguiars-car-kit.png  

Greeting from Southern California (SGV)-mot-07240_ml.jpg  

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Greeting from Southern California (SGV)

Quote Originally Posted by Silento View Post

Are there any benefits in using waterless or rinse=less wash over the conventional water wash other than conserving water?
    what are the preferred water wash soap?

1) What are some recommendations for?
    water wash soap?
    waterless (UWW)?
    Rinse-less (ONR)?

Meguiar`s D114. Can be used as rinseless and waterless. Very versatile product. I`m a fan of Meguiar`s D110 Hyperwash and Adams Car Shampoo.

2) Is there a step prior to claying? (iron-X)?

An iron remover is something worth having especially for a white colored car. Ironx is a good one.

3) Claying - I have mothers gold clay bar but would like to use something that will produce better result. any recommendations? Gliptone Body Bar Spray and Clay System?

The Mothers clay kit is good. There are also clay alternatives if you wish to try those (nanoskin, speedy).

4) Polishing
    I do not have an OB so I need to purchase one. Any suggestion? Grio`s vs PC?
    Any recommendations on the polishing compound? Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish or Glaze AIO or menzerna products?

Both are good polishers. Between those two the Griot`s has more power. Meguiar`s ultimate compound and ultimate polish are always a good place to start. Very user friendly and they net good results.

5) Sealant - I have Collonite Insulator wax 845. I have read that Collonite Insulator wax 845 is more of a sealant than wax. Autopians agree or disagree?
    any recommendations here? FK1000P?

It`s almost a hybrid. The Ultimate Wax in that kit you have is actually a sealant. It`s a very good one in my opinion.

6) Wax
    any recommendations? Blackfire Midnight Sun Batch #25 Carnauba Paste?

Seeing as you drive these daily I would stick with a sealant.

7) Windows
    any recommendations? Optimum Gloss-Coat Paint Coating?

I think you meant Opti-Glass coat. Gloss Coat is a paint coating. I am currently using DP Glass coating on all the exterior glass and it`s working quite well. It does take a little more prep with a coating. Your kits already include glass cleaner so you are set there.

8) Wheels - any recommendations? Sonax wheel cleaner or Polish Angel?

Pick up some Meguiar`s DUB wheel cleaner. You get the same effect as sonax for a lesser price. Seal or coat your wheels and all you will need is soap and water.

I would add some sort of tire dressing be it a coating or tire gel. Not really a fan of Meguiar`s Endurance that comes in that kit.

9) Leather - any recommendations? Polish Angel? DP Leather Cleaner and conditioner?

I`m currently using Blackfire and it`s a very good product. The Blackfire cleaner work very well for prepping the surface. Others that work well are Meguiar`s D180 and D181. They do come in larger quantities. I have reviews on both brands that may help.

10) Fabric - any recommendations?

Microfiber towels? I get mine from the rag company
    Brushes? Wheel woolies or speed master, Tuf Shine tire brush, Carran tire brush applicator.
    mitten? I do like the Meguiar`s microfiber wash mitt, the lake country wash wedge is ok.
    Welcome to Autopia. I would recommend you attend one of the Meguiar`s Thursday Night Garage`s. You must be a member on the Meguiar`s forum to sign up for one. They are good and very informative. Plus you get to play with the tools and products.

I added some comments in blue.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes Silento liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Hi. What ^he^ said
    Formerly the "Best Detailer", now just Super Wax Waster Man. Not necessarily tactful, but normally right. It`s good to be da King !!!
    Likes Silento, The Guz liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Welcome to Autopia. I would recommend you attend one of the Meguiar`s Thursday Night Garage`s. You must be a member on the Meguiar`s forum to sign up for one. They are good and very informative. Plus you get to play with the tools and products.

I added some comments in blue.
    Thank you Guz for your recommendations!!!!

Thread Information